Windows 10: Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop...

Discus and support Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am upgrading the available memory for my ASUS ROG STRIG G731GT . In looking at my options, I found that within the Performance tap of Task Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abhirupam.s__, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop...

I am upgrading the available memory for my ASUS ROG STRIG G731GT . In looking at my options, I found that within the Performance tap of Task Manager that it shows my laptop having "Slots used: 2 of 4" so I had hoped to use the other two ports for additional memory. However, according to the hardware specifications for my laptop, there are only 2 x SODIMM slots available for use. I have an additional 1TB SSD which is for use with Intel Rapid Storage Technology, though I am not sure if it is related, especially since the SSD is currently installed. Since this seemed to be more of an issue with Task Manager than with my hardware, I came here to inquire about it.

Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop only has 2 SODIMM slots. WHERE ARE THE OTHER 2 SLOTS??

:)

Abhirupam.s__, Oct 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Task Manager RAM Slots Indicator

In Windows 10, on the performance tab, under memory in task manager, it says "Slots used: 1 of 2"

I was wondering if this is reliable. Searching my laptop online suggests that it only has one slot. Is it worth buying an extra stick of RAM or should I open it up first to check?

joe jordan, Oct 27, 2020
  3. DoItJust Win User
    DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Oct 27, 2020
  4. anurodh. Win User

Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop...

Windows 10 Task Manager Ram Slots Indicator

Product Name: HP Notebook - 15-g206ax
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In windows 10 under RAM in task manager it says "Slots used: 1 of 2"

i am searching my laptop on-line suggests
    that it only has one slot

What is a mean ?

How many slots I have ?

Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop... c00f11de-e424-4e00-87ca-c631c8fab099.png

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

anurodh., Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop...

1. Why does Task Manager indicate that I have 4 memory slots with only 2 in use when my laptop... - Similar Threads - Why does Task

2. My pc's task manager shows 2 cores insted of my 4 cores i have

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc's task manager shows 2 cores insted of my 4 cores i have: My pc's task manager shows 2 cores insted of my 4 cores i have. I have bought a prebuild HP pc with AMD PRO A8-8650B R7 processor. I've tried the msconfig trick but it doesn't work for me....
  3. 2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used!

2 memory slots available but only 1 is being used!: Hello Everybody , While I was running a high memory application I noticed in the task manager that only 1 memory slots are being used and I was lagging so bad , how to make both the slots work ? can we fix this through software ? [ATTACH][ATTACH] Regards Abie.....
  4. Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being...

Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being...: When I use Task Manager to see how much memory is being used, it says 76% memory. I have 8GB of ram. However when I add up all the memory being used by all the different processes, it doesn't add up to 8GB. [ATTACH] As seen in the gif above, the memory usage shown by each...
  5. why does my laptop have 9 microsoft edge running when i check task manager i can delete a...

why does my laptop have 9 microsoft edge running when i check task manager i can delete a...: as the subject lines says I have 9 ms edges running at the same time, 1 uses the most usage but the others have lower numbers, ???? should i be concerned or look for a solution...
  6. I have 4 cores but task manager says I have 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have 4 cores but task manager says I have 2: According to device manager, I have 4 cores, but my task manger says I only have 2. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-4-cores-but-task-manager-says-i-have-2/74b785af-cbb4-4edd-9e0e-86cc5960d1fd
  7. Does anyone know why it does this when I try to open task manager or services?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know why it does this when I try to open task manager or services?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Laggifried [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fw6302/does_anyone_know_why_it_does_this_when_i_try_to/
  8. IE task does not end completely and I have to use task manager to end

in Browsers and Email
    IE task does not end completely and I have to use task manager to end: When I use Internet Explorer 11 on my Win10 x64 computer (with latest updates) after a few days (or internet sessions) I find IE is unresponsive (no new webpages will open) then I go to Task Manager and I see about 10 or 12 instances of "Internet Explorer" running with an...
  9. DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?: New PC conf. and I got RAM question, shall I put the memory sticks in SLOT 1/3 or stay with my current setup 2/4? Intel Core i7-4790 3.6g 1150 Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 DDR3 1600 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 16GB (2X8) 240PIN DDR3 1600 SAPPHIRE RADEAON R9 380 NITRO 4GB DDR5...
  10. Task Manager says 287 MB of Memory is being used for Photos (2)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager says 287 MB of Memory is being used for Photos (2): Win10 is running, and I am viewing the desktop, doing nothing with photos. Task Manager says Photos (2) is using 287MB of memory. Nothing is listed in the bottom list (File Explorer, Word, IE, etc.) that appears to be associated with photos except possibly Windows Media...