Windows 10: Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?

Discus and support Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a script that runs fine from the command line. When it runs from Task Scheduler using the same user account it returns a 0x1 error. I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CatFlier, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?

I have a script that runs fine from the command line. When it runs from Task Scheduler using the same user account it returns a 0x1 error. I've been trying to debug it for several days now to no avail. What are some reasons it might be doing this?

Screen captures

submitted by /u/CatFlier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CatFlier, Aug 8, 2020
  2. HokieMan Win User

Task Scheduler Error

When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on the Microsoft boards gave me several steps to follow beginning with booting into Safe Mode. However, I received a message when I accessed Task Scheduler that it doesn't function in Safe Mode.
    I did not feel safe following their additional suggestions at that point as I am not that adept at such endeavors. Has anyone else encountered this error and/or found a simple solution? I feel it is caused by some remnant leftover from Windows 7 during the upgrade but this is pure conjecture on my behalf.

HokieMan, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Lenzmic Win User

Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?

Task scheduler

No errors found by each suggestion. May have to do a clean install unless someone has a different solution

Tried it, didn't work!!

Lenzmic, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?

1. Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line? - Similar Threads - Why does Task

2. dir command from Task Scheduler returns entire registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dir command from Task Scheduler returns entire registry: A batch file contains the line:dir c:\ /s /a-h-s >listing.txtas part of an indexing routine. This line of the batch takes about two minutes and returns a textfile of about 150 mb. After I was satisfied that the routine was ready to go, I created a task in Task Scheduler to...
  3. 0x1 in task scheduler

0x1 in task scheduler: Hello, i´m trying to run a .bat file in the task scheduler to a given point of time. Even though the file with the exact same file location starts when i manually run it in the "run" window, it won´t start with task scheduler. I already checked the "run with highest...
  4. Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler: Hello Everyone My first post, I hope you will be able to help me Windows 10 x64 latest version. Yesterday I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. I started to set up the task scheduler for Ccleaner to clean my Desktop PC at boot. When I opened Task scheduler there...
  5. Why would a script run from the command line but not in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why would a script run from the command line but not in Task Scheduler?: It's a Python script and it runs perfectly from a cmd prompt but returns an 0x1 error in Task Scheduler. The path to Python is correct. The path to the script is correct. The Task is running under my name with admin permissions. A search hasn't turned-up anything relevant...
  6. Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line: I have a PC with two accounts, one with admin privileges and one without. When in the non-admin account, I create a scheduled task with the following command: schtasks /Create /SC DAILY /ST 07:00 /TN "MyTask" /TR "MyCommand" /F This works as expected and creates the...
  7. Task Scheduler not working

Task Scheduler not working: Hi, I've set up a scheduled task to transfer files using WinSCP using a batch file .bat. The task works as intended when I run the task manually by clicking the run option inside Task Scheduler. When I allow the task to run automatically using the daily trigger, the error...
  8. Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line: Hello. I'm trying to create a scheduled task to run a batch file on Windows 10 using either the command prompt or Powershell. When I create the task with the Task Scheduler GUI, it works perfectly. However, when I try to re-create that same task with the command line, there...
  9. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...
  10. Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks: Hi, Been noticing a number of errors when I open task scheduler for e.g. SVC Restart Task - The task XML contains a value that is incorrectly formatted or out of range" Other than the aforementioned task there are errors with the following: a) Schedule Scan b) Reboot...