Windows 10: Why does the action center keep popping up

Discus and support Why does the action center keep popping up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press the enter key or backspace, sometimes the action center randomly pops up.When I restart my computer it still occurs, and I even went as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _ King, Jan 10, 2023.

1. _ King Win User

Why does the action center keep popping up

When I press the enter key or backspace, sometimes the action center randomly pops up.When I restart my computer it still occurs, and I even went as far as to disable the action center entirely, and it's still happening.Any way to fix this?

:)

_ King, Jan 10, 2023

2. action center keeping popping up

Hi,

We need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your Action Center concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is there a particular message when the Action Center pops up?
    • Is the computer freezing when the Action Center pops up?

You can also try to update the touchpad driver on your computer.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jan 10, 2023
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jan 10, 2023
  4. BK3366 Win User

Help with Action Center

I've read through the thread you referred me to from above.

Step 1:

• Open the Start menu, type Turn system icons on or off in the search bar and click on Turn system icons on or off from the search bar results.

• Turn the Action center on.
    I ended up having to go in through settings to look at the above suggestion. When I typed it in the Start menu it took me to the internet. After that this popped up on me with notification. BUT, Action Center is on.

Why does the action center keep popping up a57c0336-4c1f-4471-9be5-c75258c3f683.jpg

No clue on that at all. I think that's something else from me being sent to the internet while checking to see if Action Center is On or not.

I looked at the second suggestion and I've already ran two of these scans. Or I'm I reading the suggestion wrong. Do I type all of that in at once and not hit enter? Or are all of these separate scans?

Step 2:

Follow the below steps and check whether you are able to access Action center.

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task.

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

4. Type CMD.

5. Type all the following four commands one by one at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6.Close the CMD window.

I do appreciate all of this help. Thank you.

BK3366, Jan 10, 2023
Thema:

1. Why does the action center keep popping up - Similar Threads - Why does action

2. Google Desktop Notifications dont pop up but are in the action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Desktop Notifications dont pop up but are in the action center: I have my google calendar alerts set to Desktop notifications , yet they rarely pop up. However, if I open my action center, they seem to be listed there as expected. They;'re just not popping up. It's as if my notifications are set to be muted, but they're not. Everything...
  3. Why does the action center keep popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the action center keep popping up: When I press the enter key or backspace, sometimes the action center randomly pops up.When I restart my computer it still occurs, and I even went as far as to disable the action center entirely, and it's still happening.Any way to fix this?...
  4. Why does the action center keep popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the action center keep popping up: When I press the enter key or backspace, sometimes the action center randomly pops up.When I restart my computer it still occurs, and I even went as far as to disable the action center entirely, and it's still happening.Any way to fix this?...
  5. Action Center keeps popping up 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center keeps popping up 2021: Hi, I know this was an issue back in 2016 but it is happening again to me now. For some reason whenever I use my touchpad to click on my screen the action center automatically pops up even though I don't want it to. I know it is the touch pad because when I click around...
  6. Action Center: How can I change which monitor the Action Center pops up in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center: How can I change which monitor the Action Center pops up in?: I have a 2-monitor set-up where my Left monitor is my main display. My Action center used to appear on my right monitor as I've also moved the main task bar to the right monitor. I was fiddling with a pen display tablet yesterday and I think that somehow changed it to my...
  7. Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome: I am having an issue with my users where we use a chat called freshdesk to help with our customers interact with our Customer Service professionals. Its a cloud based system that connects to our online website. The users used to be able to have the notifcation pop up and stay...
  8. How to get pop-up from action center?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get pop-up from action center?: I use the mail app from windows 10 for my e-mail.Is it possible to get a pop-up from the action center when i get a e-mail? At the moment i see only on the icon in the taskbar that a got a e-mail but without a pop-up. 46593
  9. Action center pops up on clicking the keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Action center pops up on clicking the keyboard: I updated my PC to windows 10 a week back. A day back , something got clicked and ever since then, Action center started popping up on clicking 'a' on the keyboard. Other keys work but this is very annoying as im using the on screen keyboard . Can anyone help me here? 55951
  10. Disable Windows 10 - Action Center - Pop Up Messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Windows 10 - Action Center - Pop Up Messages: Hi folks,*Smile please can some one help me get rid of this most annoying problem. I have read threads online but the message keeps poping up*Mad I dont want windows action center messages - its been driving me round the bend all day long. I dont understand why windows...