Windows 10: Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?

Discus and support Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't believe Microsoft is destroying everyone's laptops with their Automatic Windows Update. It turns on a Bitlocker Lockup Blue Screen with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MicrosoftBrokeMyLaptop, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?

I can't believe Microsoft is destroying everyone's laptops with their Automatic Windows Update. It turns on a Bitlocker Lockup Blue Screen with no Recovery Key and makes your laptop inaccessible. If you follow their instructions, it takes you to a screen the says" Try another URL. We have nothing for you. If you then wipe the laptop and destroy all your work in order to use your laptop, the laptop still doesn't work right. Essentially, Microsoft is destroying people's laptops with their, so-called Microsoft Window Update. Absolutely miserable. If anyone has a work around, I'd love to hear abou

:)

MicrosoftBrokeMyLaptop, Aug 20, 2022
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Aug 20, 2022
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 20, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Aug 20, 2022
Thema:

Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?

1. Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop? - Similar Threads - Why does Automatic

2. Why does Microsoft change your settings??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft change your settings??: Dear MicrosoftWhy is it so hard to respect a users settings? Every time there's any little update so many of my settings are back to default. Can you please respect the choices given to us in the ability to toggle features on and off and not automatically change them back to...
  3. Automatic Microsoft laptop updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Microsoft laptop updates: When Microsoft updates my laptop automatically, all of the history from Ultimate Games is deleted. Can this be stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-microsoft-laptop-updates/925bbb08-2add-4bba-8f0a-17aab9079db9
  4. Automatic Microsoft laptop updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Microsoft laptop updates: When Microsoft updates my laptop automatically, all of the history from Ultimate Games is deleted. Can this be stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-microsoft-laptop-updates/925bbb08-2add-4bba-8f0a-17aab9079db9
  5. Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?

Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?: I can't believe Microsoft is destroying everyone's laptops with their Automatic Windows Update. It turns on a Bitlocker Lockup Blue Screen with no Recovery Key and makes your laptop inaccessible. If you follow their instructions, it takes you to a screen the says" Try another...
  6. Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?: I was a big fan of Windows 10. I liked being able to use some of the leftover windows 7 programs but Windows 11 changed that. Several of my older programs no longer exist on my computer. I still prefer the Windows 7 version of photo viewer. Everything Microsoft created since...
  7. Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?

Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?: I was a big fan of Windows 10. I liked being able to use some of the leftover windows 7 programs but Windows 11 changed that. Several of my older programs no longer exist on my computer. I still prefer the Windows 7 version of photo viewer. Everything Microsoft created since...
  8. Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?: Because of security concerns I let Windows update automatically, big mistake. It destroys browser sessions, which can't always be restored. Browser developers have worked very hard to allow users to continue with their previous session after a shutdown. But for some...
  9. Windows update destroyed my laptop.

Windows update destroyed my laptop.: So last night I got a message that I needed to update. I clicked to update and the whole screen went black. Nothing works. If I turn it on there are 8 beeps. I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned, if company's product breaks something, I expect them to fix or replace....
  10. Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update

Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update: Apparently my laptop updated while I left it unattended, and now I get error message no matter what I try. It says my computer needs to be repaired---missing file : Windows\system32\winload.efi. Error OXC0000225. Now, here's the fun part: I cannot bypass this error no...