Windows 10: Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?

Discus and support Why does the camera start in the background when I log in? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just as my user finished uploading, I opened the task manager in less than a second and could see the camera process starting in system processes. this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by danielgomez8233, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?

Just as my user finished uploading, I opened the task manager in less than a second and could see the camera process starting in system processes. this process does not have a handle and the process comes from the svchost file. after a few seconds, the camera process disappears. I don't understand if this is for some spying purpose or to enable camera permissions, but it's unfair that the camera launches when the user loads. these are things that should start when the app starts. It should be noted that my system is freshly formatted so they don't come up with useless things like I have a viru

:)

danielgomez8233, Feb 6, 2023

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 6, 2023
  4. Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?

Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?

1. Why does the camera start in the background when I log in? - Similar Threads - Why does camera

2. Camera error camera starts but does not stay on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera error camera starts but does not stay on: I am trying to use my camera on my dell laptop for Teams meetings and it does not turn on. When i go to settings there is an error picture of a square with a diagonal line through it and to the left of the square is and inverted equilateral triangle. I tried to copy the error...
  3. Camera error camera starts but does not stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera error camera starts but does not stay on: I am trying to use my camera on my dell laptop for Teams meetings and it does not turn on. When i go to settings there is an error picture of a square with a diagonal line through it and to the left of the square is and inverted equilateral triangle. I tried to copy the error...
  4. Camera error camera starts but does not stay on

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why camera is not starting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why camera is not starting?: Camera cant start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-camera-is-not-starting/9e303eb5-ba0c-4315-8f39-f8bbc98523f7
  6. Why camera is not starting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why camera is not starting?: Camera cant start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-camera-is-not-starting/9e303eb5-ba0c-4315-8f39-f8bbc98523f7
  7. Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?: Just as my user finished uploading, I opened the task manager in less than a second and could see the camera process starting in system processes. this process does not have a handle and the process comes from the svchost file. after a few seconds, the camera process...
  8. Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the camera start in the background when I log in?: Just as my user finished uploading, I opened the task manager in less than a second and could see the camera process starting in system processes. this process does not have a handle and the process comes from the svchost file. after a few seconds, the camera process...
  9. WHY does my camera log me in, but display only black!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHY does my camera log me in, but display only black!: Did windows update on 4/8/2020, and now my camera just displays black! **** idiot programmer at MS created these updates, that I can't even uninstall to try and solve my camera issue, KB 4532693! You guys suck...
  10. Why does my music distort when I start another program to hear music in background

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why does my music distort when I start another program to hear music in background: When I play music, all players do it. Music distorts when I start another program trying to hear music while I work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-music-distort-when-i-start-another/86f034ce-7aec-4372-886e-c9ef00d91633"