Windows 10: Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image?

Discus and support Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image? They are both set to different desktop backgrounds. They maintain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tdehan, Apr 17, 2021.

1. tdehan Win User

Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image?

Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image? They are both set to different desktop backgrounds. They maintain those different backgrounds for a period of time and bingo...they change to the same background. Sync Settings on both computer are set to OFF as below. So, why does this keep happening?

Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to  the same image? e561ba0c-6d20-419a-8a5f-54ef6baa36e5?upload=true.jpg

:)

tdehan, Apr 17, 2021

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 17, 2021
  3. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image?

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image?

1. Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image? - Similar Threads - Why does desktop

2. My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds: Hi,So Windows 11 has the feature to add desktops right?So I have two desktops, 1 for work and 1 for play. I set each set two different backgrounds to distinguish.But whenever I switch between desktops, the background for my play desktop keeps changing to my work desktop...
  3. My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds: Hi,So Windows 11 has the feature to add desktops right?So I have two desktops, 1 for work and 1 for play. I set each set two different backgrounds to distinguish.But whenever I switch between desktops, the background for my play desktop keeps changing to my work desktop...
  4. Why does Windows 11 keep changing my desktop background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 keep changing my desktop background?: No matter what I try Choose one picture as background image, Slideshow set to a folder with only copies of that one image in it, or Bing Daily wallpapers,Within 24 hours, and sometimes hourly, Windows has changed it to a random picture from my Pictures folder or some other...
  5. Why does Windows 11 keep changing my desktop background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 keep changing my desktop background?: No matter what I try Choose one picture as background image, Slideshow set to a folder with only copies of that one image in it, or Bing Daily wallpapers,Within 24 hours, and sometimes hourly, Windows has changed it to a random picture from my Pictures folder or some other...
  6. Background keeps changing to weird images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background keeps changing to weird images: For the last few days, windows has decided that it will change my desktop background all by itself. It doesn't matter that I have the background set to picture, and not slideshow, windows has simply decided it will take some random images from the internet somewhere (I...
  7. Why does my desktop background change by itself?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my desktop background change by itself?: Hi everyone, Today, I discover that my desktop background picture changed by itself, and I am wondering if there is something wrong with my Windows system. Does anyone know how to check if my Windows 10 background settings is functioning properly? I need some help with it....
  8. Desktop Background keeps changing.

Desktop Background keeps changing.: In windows 10, whenever i try to change my desktop background, it stays. But when i go onto another tab for a bit then go back, it changes to some random image that i don't even have saved onto my computer. For some reason after a while when i click and hold to select...
  9. Background Images keeps changing

Background Images keeps changing: How do I keep the background from changing periodically? Thanks 121373
  10. Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...

Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...: Hello, I noticed today that my living room computer's desktop background is the same as my bedroom computer's background. How was the background able to change without me giving it permission? How does my living room computer have access to my other computer? . I had an...