Windows 10: Why does the drive icon in 'This Pc' has a red x at bottom left?

Discus and support Why does the drive icon in 'This Pc' has a red x at bottom left? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do I have this red x icon on my drive? Right click does not reveal anything regarding the sign. [ATTACH] Does anyone have any idea why it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WaqasT, Jul 9, 2019.

1. WaqasT Win User

Why does the drive icon in 'This Pc' has a red x at bottom left?

Why do I have this red x icon on my drive? Right click does not reveal anything regarding the sign.

Why does the drive icon in 'This Pc' has a red x at bottom left? 638bc3ee-203f-4393-892d-7bc7beae696f?upload=true.jpg

Does anyone have any idea why it's there?

:)

WaqasT, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 9, 2019
  3. all my network drives have red X's

Hi Christophe,

The red "X" icon that shows on your network drives indicates that your network devices are not connected. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Are you getting any error messages when accessing the drives?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Could you attach related screenshots on your next post to help us understand the situation better.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Why does the drive icon in 'This Pc' has a red x at bottom left?

Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Why does the drive icon in 'This Pc' has a red x at bottom left?

1. Why does the drive icon in 'This Pc' has a red x at bottom left? - Similar Threads - Why does drive

2. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  3. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  4. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  5. red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner: Hi, i am using a headset, i had to disable a few services in admin mode today and then i signed back onto my normal user and now im getting 4 diffrent NVIDIA errors and its asking me which of these devices do you want to troubleshoot. can anyone help?...
  6. what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?: the Outlook icon on my taskbar has a red X on it. It didn't have it yesterday and the outlook app appears to be working ok. Can anyone explain what the red X means? TIA...
  7. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound

My Audio icon has a red X and no sound: Dear everyone, I am writing to you on behalf of Sound Problem in device. My laptop band is Asus, it is so old 3-4 years. I have just updated win 10, it isn't activated. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound. I saw many webs and solutions but It was not effective. It...
  8. Red x icon meaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x icon meaning: Problem with start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-icon-meaning/d2f89e2e-e284-4aaa-8edf-8c7add726f2b
  9. Red "X" on the sound icon.

Red "X" on the sound icon.: So i have tried everything from here to remove the "X" https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/4-ways-to-fix-red-x-on-volume-icon/ Including re-installing the realtek drivers. The windows troubleshooter is not working either. So i am completely blank at this moment. So if theres...
  10. Red x on network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red x on network icon: This is Vista question, but I usually get better results here. The network icon on my wife's desktop has a red X on it. I right clicked and it ran some kind of diagnostics and supposedly sent a message to MS, who I'll never hear from, I'm sure. My desktop is fine...no red x...