Windows 10: Why does the latest MS Windows 10 update DISABLE wifi!?

Discus and support Why does the latest MS Windows 10 update DISABLE wifi!? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am fed up with these so called updates which destroy functionality like this... makes them entirely useless. Stupid, untested, unrobust, Bill Gates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IaneF, Sep 20, 2019.

1. IaneF Win User

Why does the latest MS Windows 10 update DISABLE wifi!?

I am fed up with these so called updates which destroy functionality like this... makes them entirely useless.

Stupid, untested, unrobust, Bill Gates inspired beta rubbish!

But lanyway et's inflict it on unsuspecting users because they will find the bugs - oh yes!!

Funny how once I had uninstalled the update - wifi worked again properly....only after you wasted hours of my time.

Dell Latitude D630 laptop

Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n mini-card

Disgusted.

:)

IaneF, Sep 20, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Why does the latest MS Windows 10 update DISABLE wifi!? capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Sep 20, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

srlsly? Looks like MS nerfed it then. Hope you get it sorted.

I have to confess that I've not paid much attention to it and didn't bother updating it, although I probably should have.

qubit, Sep 20, 2019
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

1. Why does the latest MS Windows 10 update DISABLE wifi!? - Similar Threads - Why does latest

2. Why does disabling WiFi cause shut-down problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does disabling WiFi cause shut-down problems?: Dell Inspiron 3880 - Shutdown problemsI have been having problems with this computer not shutting down properly. The screen goes black, but the power light stays on and motherboard stays powered up, as evidenced by LED lights on a PCIe card. This is not 'sleep' because once I...
  3. Why does disabling WiFi cause shut-down problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does disabling WiFi cause shut-down problems?: Dell Inspiron 3880 - Shutdown problemsI have been having problems with this computer not shutting down properly. The screen goes black, but the power light stays on and motherboard stays powered up, as evidenced by LED lights on a PCIe card. This is not 'sleep' because once I...
  4. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  5. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  6. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why does windows update always disable AccessDatabaseEngine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does windows update always disable AccessDatabaseEngine?: I have a Windows 10 machine on which I installed AccessDatabaseEngine needed for my work, to enable web apps to interact with Access databases. Every time Windows updates itself, it somehow corrupts or removes AccessDatabaseEngine, so I need to reinstall it. It's a minor...
  8. Why does WiFi disappear after EVERY Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does WiFi disappear after EVERY Windows 10 update?: Aren't Microsoft Windows developers aware about this problem? Because it seems that a lot of people are complaining about it on the Internet: - after every Windows 10 update Wifi adapter keeps disappearing. I'm not very savvy and it takes for me a lot of time to fix this...
  9. Latest MS Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest MS Update: Hello, Sr, Citizen now, and not too sharp with this "stuff," so please bear with me a bit. MS, again, has done an automatic update without my giving permission. Hate when they do this; usually messes up something, invariably. a. Not sure what this latest rev number is, but...
  10. Incompatibility of MS Office with latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incompatibility of MS Office with latest Windows 10 Update: Yesterday, after an automatic update of my computer with KB4023057, I get the message "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" when trying to open any MS Office 15 program - Word, Excel, etc. I tried to remove KB4023057, and while it shows...