Windows 10: Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors?

Discus and support Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2018 Cumulative Update for Windows Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 - I installed this update and I got the message that Windows needed to shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robertfare1, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors?

2018 Cumulative Update for Windows Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 - I installed this update and I got the message that Windows needed to shut down for repairs and then restart. The computer froze at that point and I restarted manually. I have Rollback Rx Professional and rolled my system to before this update was done. I then could get my Windows to work but I had disk errors. The automatic repair feature wouldn't fix the problem. I then ran Norton Disk Doctor and it tried to fix the problem. I got the message from Norton Disk Doctor that Disk Doctor could not find or retrieve the chkdsk logs. I then contacted Norton Support and they fixed the problem of disk errors. However, when I ran the Windows Update again, I was right back in the situation where there were disk errors again. I used Rollback Rx Professional again to roll my system back to where it was prior this Windows Update. I have disabled automatic updating for now.

I had a previous problem when I ran the Windows Fall Creator update. It wiped out my pictures, half of my programs, and caused havoc with my Windows apps. In a community forum, I found others had similar problems.

With the damage done by Windows Updates, I can imagine why people have turned to Macs, Chromebooks, and the Linux operating system. You people really need to do better.

:)

robertfare1, Sep 20, 2018
  2. x01r Win User

atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors? :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors? :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors? :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors? :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors? :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors? :D

3. Windows 10 Creators Update - visual C++ runtime error every time i click File Explorer

Hi Steve,

We would like to ask to the following questions to know more about the issue:

• Have you done the suggested troubleshooting steps that was provided by Ramon Imp posted last May 10, 2017 aside from the clean boot?
    • Was the updated successfully installed?
    • What were the error messages shown in the error screen? Kindly send us a screenshot.

Kindly check the latest and compatible update of Visual C++ by following this article:

The latest supported Visual C++ downloads
    , since there was a few Visual C++ software that was installed in your computer.

You can also refer to this article:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
    to check any corrupted files that could cause your File Explorer to have an error.

We also suggest you check on this article:
    Check your hard disk for errors in Windows
    . Though this is a Windows 7 step, it also has the same options and settings with Windows 10 to check your hard disk for errors.

Let us know about the result.

Kristine Som, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors?

No Drive C Disc error reapires at startup

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• For which drive are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What error are you getting?
    • Are you referring to Disc drive or Hard drive?
    If it is a Drive partition of the hard drive let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Start and type This PC.
    • On top you can see file ribbon. Select a drive and Click on
      manage.
    • Select Optimize. Select the Drive which you want to optimize.
    • Click on analyze and click Optimize.
    • Restart the PC and check.
    Note: This might take a long time to analyze and optimize. So better keep the laptop plugged in to charger. If the laptop shuts down in between the process it may cause issues.

I would suggest you to install the pending updates logging into Microsoft account.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors?

1. Why does the latest Windows Update cause c drive errors? - Similar Threads - Why does latest

2. Latest Update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  3. Latest Windows Update Causes Fatal Error World Of WarCraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update Causes Fatal Error World Of WarCraft: Hi I downloaded the latest Windows UpdateFebruary and now it causes the fatal Error 132 and terminates the Program but if i uninstall the update World of Warcraft it runs fine . Is there a way I can Fix this so it doesn't happen? I have updates Temporally turned off....
  4. Latest update cause error

Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  5. Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!: I have tried loading the latest Windows updates (see attached) several times and have experienced problems each time. I have backed all of them out at the present time. My laptop seems to run much slower and the fingerprint scanner does not work among other things after these...
  6. Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows

Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows: My computer recently updated (against my wishes, might I add) and the fallout has been ridiculous. The update failed, causing my laptop to throw itself into an infinite loop of "attempting to recover installation," "undoing changes made to your computer," and restarting. I...
  7. Latest Window Update causing problems

Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  8. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...
  9. Windows 10 latest update now C drive appears to be locked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 latest update now C drive appears to be locked: I have updated the computer to windows 10 Build 1511, Through windows update !! this is the latest November major update not a new instillation. This is very strange i can use the computer and access all my files however i have no access to anything i need to repair my...
  10. Why does Windows 10 parition the hard drive into a C and D drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Windows 10 parition the hard drive into a C and D drive?: Hello, Relatively new to Windows 10. Why does Windows 10 partition the hard drive into a C and D drive? As purchased, my Windows 10 machine has split my 2TB drive split into C and D. The C drive is much smaller than the D drive (At work otherwise I would supply the...