Windows 10: Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?

Discus and support Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start? in Cortana to solve the problem; | | | +___ Hi, Members of the "Microsoft Answers" Community. | +___ We would like first to thank all of the Teams of Moderators of this Web-Site for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DOBRESCUMihai19, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?

|
    |
    |
    +___ Hi, Members of the "Microsoft Answers" Community.
    |
    +___ We would like first to thank all of the Teams of Moderators of this Web-Site for enabling us to post again on it. Although Profiles Merging is not possible yet on it, we are Quite Proud that we are again able to use at most Two Profiles on it, one for Actual Writing on it and the other one for Backup and Testing Purposes when the First One happens to refrain itself from working due to various unimportant reasons.
    |
    +___ Although the Discussion related to the "File History" Static Software Application has been a Complete Failure since it has not drawn any replies of any kind at all to it, we are now boldly daring to ask the Community a New Simpler Question that is intended toward the Complete Bewilderment of us all.
    |
    +___ We have discovered today that we are strangely able to start the "Notepad++" Static Software Application beyond our Mere Human Understanding. All of our diggings have not revealed any possible causes for this weird behavior. The paths that we have tried have been the following ones:
    |
    +___ 1. The Olden "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System has at least Two Character Strings that represent Operating System Paths where it is looking for Executable Binary Files. We have checked them all, to no avail.
    |
    |
    |
    +___ Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start? 57206172-c48a-4764-bd4f-7f6709e85ea6?upload=true.png
    |
    |
    |
    +___ As we can see in the picture that appears above, it is clearly written in the Proud Computerese Language the fact that there are no folders that may lead toward the "NotePad++.Exe" Executable Binary File.
    |
    +___ 2. We have checked all of the Local Hard Disks in order to find a copy of the "NotePad++.Exe" Executable Binary File. There is only one such file, as it appears in the picture that is pasted below.
    |
    |
    |
    +___ Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start? 4311dc5d-6689-4d65-8730-b9fc97582f4c?upload=true.png
    |
    |
    |
    +___ 3. We have checked all of the Local Hard Disks in order to find a Batch Processing File that might start the "NotePad++" Static Software Application when we type the "Windows" + 'R' Keys Combination, the "notepad++" Character String and the "Enter" Key. There is no Batch File called as "NotePad++.Bat" in the Entire TeleCybernetic System.
    |
    +___ 4. We have also checked it for the presence of a "NotePad++.Com" Command Executable Binary File, but hey - that would have been too much. Of course there is also no such thing, either.
    |
    +___ Then where does it find it?
    |
    |
    |

:)

DOBRESCUMihai19, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Aug 19, 2019
  3. How do I download a copy of Notepad?

"Windows 10" doesn't seem to respond to your suggestion. More?

ShirleyJChambers, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?

1. Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start? - Similar Threads - Why Does NotePad++

2. Why does Windows start applications on monitors that are turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows start applications on monitors that are turned off?: From this question, there is an answer:> Open Settings > System > Display > select Second Display > uncheck Remember window locations based on monitor connectionUnfortunately, there is no such checkbox for "Remember window locations based on monitor connection".I'm on Windows...
  3. Why does Windows start applications on monitors that are turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows start applications on monitors that are turned off?: From this question, there is an answer:> Open Settings > System > Display > select Second Display > uncheck Remember window locations based on monitor connectionUnfortunately, there is no such checkbox for "Remember window locations based on monitor connection".I'm on Windows...
  4. Why does my audio have additional static?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my audio have additional static?: For the past few weeks, the audio of my laptop tends to sound like there is static. This is in the sense that it makes static noises in addition to the sounds instead of completely replacing it or having to on constantly. I've tried several things before like an audio test...
  5. Why does my audio have additional static?

Why does my audio have additional static?: For the past few weeks, the audio of my laptop tends to sound like there is static. This is in the sense that it makes static noises in addition to the sounds instead of completely replacing it or having to on constantly. I've tried several things before like an audio test...
  6. Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS: Hello everybody, I have recently faced some problems trying to start a game from steam Age of Empires 2 DE but the game keeps crahsing on start. I tried doing some troubleshooting and some people told me to use the minidump file to know what is the problem. However I don't...
  7. Why does Notepad not retain larger size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Notepad not retain larger size?: I always make Notepad the maximum size, i.e. the size of my monitor. But then Windows always shrinks it down to a tiny size with each login / boot. Is there any way to force it to stay larger?...
  8. Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External...: | +___Hi. | +___We have noticed that the "File History" Static Software Application is not working (again). | +___We are currently struggling with the "Microsoft" "Windows" "10" "RedStone" 64-Bit Non-N Operating System. | +___Great Success has been registered while Fully and...
  9. Notepad does not show up in my start, accessories folder or list of applications

Notepad does not show up in my start, accessories folder or list of applications: I am attempting to use notepad. I have done a search for it in my start folder, my accessories folder and in my list of applications and it cannot be found in any of the above. How do I load it onto my computer?...
  10. W10 Notepad Application Usage !

W10 Notepad Application Usage !: All this years I have been using the simple Notepad for basic word processing, but now Microsoft in their wisdom decided they know better and changed it on W10 Notepad completely crashes and disappears from the desk top; if I selected a page setup to be a Landscape. Why...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account required for notepad