Windows 10: Why does the pointer keep getting frozen?

Discus and support Why does the pointer keep getting frozen? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running the current windows 1903. I have had my laptop about 6 days and already I am experiencing issues with the pointer getting frozen. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geekiamnot_CJ, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Why does the pointer keep getting frozen?

I am running the current windows 1903. I have had my laptop about 6 days and already I am experiencing issues with the pointer getting frozen. It frequently happens when the lid is closed after I open it. With ASUS' guidance, we have uninstalled and reinstalled the PTP Driver, ATK Package and the MEI Intel Windows 10 64 Version (?) yet the problem still exists. Does anyone know if this is perhaps a Microsoft known issue which came gratis with the windows update and they may be applying a fix in the near future?

A restart will provide a fix until it happens again.

:)

geekiamnot_CJ, Sep 7, 2019

2. touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen

randywalters1, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Why is my pointer consistently getting frozen?

I have a brand new (and very expensive ASUS laptop) which is experiencing a problem with the pointer getting frozen several times since I brought the laptop home only a week ago. Asus suggested that we uninstall the touchpad driver and re-install. This
    did not solve the problem. Microsoft sent me an update (KB4090913) which attempted to solve the problem: "Addresses issue where some USB devices and onboard devices, such as a built-in laptop camera, keyboard, or mouse, stop working. This may occur when
    the Windows Update servicing stack incorrectly skips installing the newer version of some critical drivers in the cumulative update and uninstalls the currently active drivers during maintenance." Despite the update, my pointer froze again today. I am able
    to correct the situation each time with a shut down. But, every time? What is wrong? And, most importantly, what is the solution? Is this and ASUS matter, Microsoft or the program of the touchpad? Any assistance is appreciated.

geekiamnot_CJ, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Why does the pointer keep getting frozen?

Mouse pointer frozen on desktop screen

No actual mouse, using touch pad. Am able to log in, pointer can be moved at this stage. But once the desktop screen is visible, the mouse pointer is frozen in the centre of the screen.

MichaelJerreat, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Why does the pointer keep getting frozen?

1. Why does the pointer keep getting frozen? - Similar Threads - Why does pointer

2. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  3. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  4. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  5. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  6. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?: I use the touchpad of my laptop to navigate the cursor. Suddenly since few days, the mouse pointer has been acting weirdly, the mouse pointer shakes up and down sometimes. This happens even if I just touch, and my finger is still. I need help......
  8. Why does my taskbar keep getting frozen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my taskbar keep getting frozen?: It started doing it as soon as I got insider preview, sometimes on the normal windows versions, so all together in the last week my taskbar has frozen 25ish times, is there any way to fix it? submitted by /u/DueCucumber1752 [link] [comments]...
  9. touchpad pointer is frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad pointer is frozen: touchpad pointer is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-pointer-is-frozen/1066a466-3346-4680-864d-f750a0602cce
  10. Frozen Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frozen Mouse Pointer: after the update my mouse frozen every moment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-mouse-pointer/3d8203bb-8ee8-49d8-8987-8e64b01e3085

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is it the pointer frozen?