Windows 10: Why does the screen dim to a grey tone while watching any video if I am not actively...

Discus and support Why does the screen dim to a grey tone while watching any video if I am not actively... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The colour dims to a slightly grey tone if I don't keep giving the laptop attention. I have searched all through settings and there's nothing to say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrancescaHarris, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Why does the screen dim to a grey tone while watching any video if I am not actively...

The colour dims to a slightly grey tone if I don't keep giving the laptop attention. I have searched all through settings and there's nothing to say why it does this. It's on full power and performance mode yet still acts as though it can't continually portray full colour for long periods.

:)

FrancescaHarris, Nov 21, 2018
  2. jsjnorge Win User

5800: Dim the screen when watching video on TV-out

To save the 5800's battery, I would like to dim the screen on the phone when watching a video using TV-out. Now it just displays the video controls and the name of the video. Turning on the keylock does turn of the screen, but with the unwanted effect
    of also pausing the video on the TV. Does anybody have a solution for my problem? I would be very grateful.

jsjnorge, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Fool Win User
    How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

4. ToriRuby Win User

Why does the screen dim to a grey tone while watching any video if I am not actively...

Screen automatically dims when watching videos

I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so
    I don't have to keep readjusting my brightness.

ToriRuby, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Why does the screen dim to a grey tone while watching any video if I am not actively...

1. Why does the screen dim to a grey tone while watching any video if I am not actively... - Similar Threads - Why does screen

2. PC blue screened while watching video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blue screened while watching video: My PC blue screened and got this error in the event logs:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xffffc884edcb78e0, 0xffff93092f4586a0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122023-7406-01.dmp....
  3. PC blue screened while watching video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC blue screened while watching video: My PC blue screened and got this error in the event logs:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xffffc884edcb78e0, 0xffff93092f4586a0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122023-7406-01.dmp....
  4. Why am I seeing the Windows taskbar while watching videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing the Windows taskbar while watching videos?: I see the taskbar sometimes when I watch YouTube videos in full screen mode. I haven't tried anything yet Edition. I have to face this problem both in Chrome and Edge. Windows 11 Pro Version:- 22H2 Installed on:- ‎30-‎10-‎2022 OS build:- 22621.755 Experience:- Windows Feature...
  5. Why am I seeing the Windows taskbar while watching videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I seeing the Windows taskbar while watching videos?: I see the taskbar sometimes when I watch YouTube videos in full screen mode. I haven't tried anything yet Edition. I have to face this problem both in Chrome and Edge. Windows 11 Pro Version:- 22H2 Installed on:- ‎30-‎10-‎2022 OS build:- 22621.755 Experience:- Windows Feature...
  6. monitors dim out any video i watch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitors dim out any video i watch.: ok so I have a 3 monitor set up. 2-22inch dell monitors and 1-27inch AOC monitor. if i try to watch a youtube video or a streamer on twitch the screen darkens but only over the video player. the rest of the screen is nice and bright...why is this happening? and how do I fix...
  7. any time I try to watch a video on my computer, it turns to grey

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    any time I try to watch a video on my computer, it turns to grey: For the last month, every time I try to watch a video either on facebook, Netflix, youtube, the video turns grey. I have checked everything but can not fix this problem....
  8. Why screen doesn't lock while watching video?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why screen doesn't lock while watching video?: Why screen doesn't lock while watching video? Which service stops screen from getting locked while playing videos ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-screen-doesnt-lock-while-watching-video/6545eb78-a58f-42cf-b64c-af642650ec54
  9. Screen blacking out while watching videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blacking out while watching videos: Hi . When watching videos on my laptop (hp envy x360) The screen continues to black out while the sound plays in the background. I am unsure whether it is a faulty driver or I need to update my laptop ? Hope you can help Thanks...
  10. Screen automatically dims when watching videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen automatically dims when watching videos: I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep...