Windows 10: Why does the scrolling down of files stop when you reach a PDF, Word, or Excel file when...

Discus and support Why does the scrolling down of files stop when you reach a PDF, Word, or Excel file when... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yes, why does the scrolling down of files stop when you reach a PDF, Word, or Excel file when within Windows Explorer? I find this behavior odd. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pintree3, May 9, 2020.

1. pintree3 Win User

Why does the scrolling down of files stop when you reach a PDF, Word, or Excel file when...

Yes, why does the scrolling down of files stop when you reach a PDF, Word, or Excel file when within Windows Explorer? I find this behavior odd. It stops because the right pane, in my case, is trying to view it, but shouldn't be doing this if and only if I stop there select it and not as I am trying to use the down/up arrow of my keyboard trying to go to a specific file.

Am I wrong in assuming there is nothing that can be done?

What is even more odd now, is that not only does it stop there, but the arrow key now shifts to the right pane and has that document scroll p and down--now this must have a way around it for it is both annoying and time consuming since it require me to go back to my mouse and select something else.

:)

pintree3, May 9, 2020
  2. sumanmdl Win User

How to attach word, excel or pdf file.

Kindly tell me how to attach any pdf, word or excel file with any mail because when I am opening attachment of any mail it is opening album and asking for attaching picture but there is no option for word, excel or pdf file.

sumanmdl, May 9, 2020
  3. donXU Win User
    Excel files change to pdf on receipt

The previous fix worked for adobe files to change them from internet explorer to pdf. have the same problem with excel files as they change to pdf on receipt. I cannot use same procedure to change excel files from adobe back to excel files as the excel program
    does not appear in the list after clicking change and more apps. Word appears but not excel.

How do I fix this.

Don XU

donXU, May 9, 2020
  4. Bluewind Win User

Why does the scrolling down of files stop when you reach a PDF, Word, or Excel file when...

Reading pdf files in Word

How can I use Word 2013 and Word 365 to open a .pdf file? If I right click on the .pdf file and choose Open With, no Word exist in the list.

Thank you.

Bluewind, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does the scrolling down of files stop when you reach a PDF, Word, or Excel file when... - Similar Threads - Why does scrolling

2. White lines following files in file explorer when scrolling down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White lines following files in file explorer when scrolling down.: When scrolling down in File Explorer I have these white lines following me. It happens only in File Explorer and nowhere else and only in that bottom left corner....
  3. White lines following files in file explorer when scrolling down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White lines following files in file explorer when scrolling down.: When scrolling down in File Explorer I have these white lines following me. It happens only in File Explorer and nowhere else and only in that bottom left corner....
  4. why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?: When I scroll all the way down on the left bar of File Explorer, I cannot scroll back up. I have to grab the scroll bar to go back up, and it is a huge pain. Please help. This is on Windows 11 by the way....
  5. why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?

why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?: When I scroll all the way down on the left bar of File Explorer, I cannot scroll back up. I have to grab the scroll bar to go back up, and it is a huge pain. Please help. This is on Windows 11 by the way....
  6. windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.: In windows explorer my pdf files do not preview. Other files like word, excel, jpg do. Is there a solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-pdf-files-are-not-previewing-word/28c79efd-ad67-487a-8741-58dc6542c31b
  7. windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.

windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.: In windows explorer my pdf files do not preview. Other files like word, excel, jpg do. Is there a solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-pdf-files-are-not-previewing-word/28c79efd-ad67-487a-8741-58dc6542c31b
  8. Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?: I am simply trying to open one of my Microsoft Word documents within the "Documents" folder, but whenever I just select the file, instantly, the "File Explorer" stops responding. This doesn't happen only for word files, but this problem takes place for excel files too. To...
  9. Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10

Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10: Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10 but it shows other formats like JPEG or MPEG files, font files, text files etc. It gives the following error: Microsoft word 15.0 Sorry, something went wrong and word was unable to start....
  10. PDF files to Word

PDF files to Word: Please help. Have download Acrobat Reader DC and wonder if there's a free software from Microsoft which converts PDF files into Word? Windows 10 programme. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-files-to-word/52a7805f-eb76-457d-80d2-c79a3792199b