Windows 10: Why does the settings app not change language?

Discus and support Why does the settings app not change language? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, We recently change the language on a Windows 10 laptop from English to Danish. Everything on the PC apers to have change language except for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Benjamin Jönsson, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Why does the settings app not change language?

Hi,

We recently change the language on a Windows 10 laptop from English to Danish.

Everything on the PC apers to have change language except for the settings menu.

What's even weirder is that some parts of the settings menu is in English like the first page and language settings, but other parts like updates are in Danish.

What we have tried.

Changing the language English and back to Danish.

Turning off settings sync.

Resetting the Settings app.

Logging out and rebooting the computer several times.

The computer is Azure joined and is running 20H2.
    The only language installed is Danish.

Why does the settings app not change language? 98ded0e7-9b05-43c6-a792-0c4a9d2e3ab6?upload=true.png

Why does the settings app not change language? 43096581-2aeb-4fe6-a809-ec807acd07c4?upload=true.png

:)

Benjamin Jönsson, Jan 5, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 5, 2021
  3. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 5, 2021
  4. mandewho Win User

Why does the settings app not change language?

Updated Twitter app changed language. Unable to return to English

I used the previous version of the twitter app on windows 10 without problems. My preferred language was English and so was the interface. After updating to the new version of the app, the app now has an interface in Hebrew and displays from right to left. I've done all I could think of to change it back to English and left-to-right direction but nothing works.

• The language selected in the app Settings is English.
    • The Windows 10 display language is English
    • I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, both through Apps and Features and PowerShell. The newly installed app immediately logs into my twitter account. Since I completely removed the app from the pc, where does the app take that login info from? Are there settings files hidden somewhere that control the way the app behaves and even override the in-app language settings?
    • I even searched the registry for my login info but didn't find anything meaningful.
    • I also tried changing locale in windows itself. It too didn't work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

mandewho, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Why does the settings app not change language?

1. Why does the settings app not change language? - Similar Threads - Why does settings

2. Why does Microsoft change your settings??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft change your settings??: Dear MicrosoftWhy is it so hard to respect a users settings? Every time there's any little update so many of my settings are back to default. Can you please respect the choices given to us in the ability to toggle features on and off and not automatically change them back to...
  3. Why does Microsoft change your settings??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft change your settings??: Dear MicrosoftWhy is it so hard to respect a users settings? Every time there's any little update so many of my settings are back to default. Can you please respect the choices given to us in the ability to toggle features on and off and not automatically change them back to...
  4. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  5. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  6. Changing Display Language completely breaks the settings app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Display Language completely breaks the settings app.: I've changed my display language from czech to english US to make troubleshooting easier, however, once the language changed, the entire settings app became nearly unusable. Almost all individual options have incorrect names and descriptions. Trying to interact with most of...
  7. Changing Display Language completely breaks the settings app.

Changing Display Language completely breaks the settings app.: I've changed my display language from czech to english US to make troubleshooting easier, however, once the language changed, the entire settings app became nearly unusable. Almost all individual options have incorrect names and descriptions. Trying to interact with most of...
  8. Why does my Settings app not load?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Settings app not load?: HELP!My settings app won't load. It just shows up the logo then it automatically closes. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-settings-app-not-load/1fc42c08-66d0-44e8-af62-b2d6e049e568
  9. Changing the language of apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the language of apps: I have recently downloaded google input tools on my pc and when I did the language of the apps suddenly changed to hindi. I don't know how to resolve it. Does anybody do?...
  10. Why window always set my changed language

in Windows 10 Support
    Why window always set my changed language: I always set my setting like this [ATTACH] but when some restart happened [ATTACH] It's not a big deal but It happened more than 1 years It's quite annoyed when you have to do unnessasary shit everytime when noticed you shortcut not work 118725