Windows 10: Why does the snip and sketch tool NOT ALLOW USE of the Office Outlook Application which is...

Discus and support Why does the snip and sketch tool NOT ALLOW USE of the Office Outlook Application which is... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The old and easier-to-use snipping tool allows the use of the default Office mail package, but this option is apparently ? not available with the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by geek_seeker, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Why does the snip and sketch tool NOT ALLOW USE of the Office Outlook Application which is...

The old and easier-to-use snipping tool allows the use of the default Office mail package, but this option is apparently ? not available with the new snip and sketch tool. It seems that only the native windows mail app can be used?

Perhaps I am missing something....if so, kindly advise how to make the snip and sketch tool work with Office Outlook.

Thanks for your help.

:)

geek_seeker, Nov 17, 2020
  2. TrevorAGC Win User

Snip and Sketch Share with Outlook

How can I add outlook to the snip and sketch tool so that we can mail with our default program rather than the built in windows mail tool? Are win32 apps excluded from snip & sketch? I don't mind the new tool but it should work with the ms business ecosystem
    and no push people to the consumer side. Inconvenient in our office.

TrevorAGC, Nov 17, 2020
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Nov 17, 2020
  4. DonLVTX Win User

Why does the snip and sketch tool NOT ALLOW USE of the Office Outlook Application which is...

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than the viewable area of the screen, are there any plans to add this capability? I use Snagit at the office
    to supplement the Snipping Tool whenever I need to capture a larger image and/or more options to edit and enhance on afterward. Thanks!

DonLVTX, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Why does the snip and sketch tool NOT ALLOW USE of the Office Outlook Application which is...

1. Why does the snip and sketch tool NOT ALLOW USE of the Office Outlook Application which is... - Similar Threads - Why does snip

2. Snipping Tool vs Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool vs Snip and Sketch: I've never had issue with Snipping Tool- Did we fix something that wasn't broke? I did a S&Sketch of an important screen...have not found the screen shot yet. Where would it be?...
  3. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch Resolutions: Hi Guys, My device information: [img] Do you Guys know how to go about increasing the resolution of images taken using the Snipping Tool and / or the Snip & Sketch tool? The default resolution setting for both app is way too low (at 96DPI only) The image below shows the...
  4. Unable to use Snip & Sketch application

Unable to use Snip & Sketch application: My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. The blue screen opens when I click on the icon and then disappears. I have reset it in settings and shut down the computer 2x and still nothing.HELP ***Original title: snip and sketch***...
  5. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch: Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than the viewable area of the screen, are there any plans to add this capability? I use Snagit at the office to supplement the...
  6. Snip & Sketch Tool

Snip & Sketch Tool: The new Windows Snip & Sketch tool seems too be just a nicer looking Snipping Tool, which I welcome nicely, but I do not see any significant change. The only was to annotate clearly is by using a pen device. Maybe ok if your device is portable, but useless when collaborating...
  7. New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Customization
    New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch: I have tried using the new snipping tool that is replacing the existing on. If I don't click on the pop up that appears asap, once is dissapears so does the image. I have been undable to find any of the images I have snipped. I tried searching using key words but to no...
  8. Snip & Sketch tool not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch tool not working: Snip & Sketch not working correctly after recent update. When I select New snip the screen shades like normal but then wont capture my snip from any application. It will still capture my snip from websites though. How do I get it work again, especially in my Word, Excel and...
  9. Restrict use of Snip & Sketch tool

Restrict use of Snip & Sketch tool: Hello Colleagues, In our company screenshots and snipping tools are prohibited for security reason. With latest Windows 10 Feature update 1809 we got a headache with "Snip & Sketch" tool. How to block this tool on users computers? - I discovered that even regular(non-admin)...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...