Windows 10: Why does the Snipping Tool menu disappear when selecting an area to snip?

Discus and support Why does the Snipping Tool menu disappear when selecting an area to snip? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Win + Shift + S, select an area and the menu goes away. So how am I going to get the menu back so I can actually snip an area? I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sn0wf1ake1, May 27, 2020.

1. Why does the Snipping Tool menu disappear when selecting an area to snip?

Win + Shift + S, select an area and the menu goes away. So how am I going to get the menu back so I can actually snip an area? I have tried right-clicking, left-clicking, and pressing Ctrl + C. Nothing works.

submitted by /u/sn0wf1ake1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sn0wf1ake1, May 27, 2020

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, May 27, 2020
  3. Snipping Tool

Hi Sean,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; Snipping tool is build-in on Windows 10.

To access Snipping tool just type, Snipping tool in the search area on the taskbar and select Snipping tool.

Hope it helps, for any query related to Windows Operating System. feel free on post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, May 27, 2020
  4. JohnOhope Win User

Why does the Snipping Tool menu disappear when selecting an area to snip?

snipping tool

You can.

Simply change the 'Save as type' selection when you save your snip.

The Snipping Tool remembers which type you used last and suggests this type for your next snip.

John

JohnOhope, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Why does the Snipping Tool menu disappear when selecting an area to snip?

1. Why does the Snipping Tool menu disappear when selecting an area to snip? - Similar Threads - Why does Snipping

2. snip tool offers 4 options to select area of snip for screenshots but offers no option to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snip tool offers 4 options to select area of snip for screenshots but offers no option to...: hi,snip tool offers 4 options to select the area of snip for screenshots but offers no option to select the area of the screen record.this is a request from Microsoft to also offer 4 options for selecting the area during screen record.thanks....
  3. snip tool offers 4 options to select area of snip for screenshots but offers no option to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snip tool offers 4 options to select area of snip for screenshots but offers no option to...: hi,snip tool offers 4 options to select the area of snip for screenshots but offers no option to select the area of the screen record.this is a request from Microsoft to also offer 4 options for selecting the area during screen record.thanks....
  4. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  5. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  6. Snipping Tool does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool does not work: I downloaded Windows 11. Really like it so far. But my Snipping Tool does not work. I read that the new tool can be accessed using the Windows+Shift+S keys, but I get nothing. So I can PrntScreen and get the whole screen, but no ability to modify it, draw or circle stuff like...
  7. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  8. Snip & Sketch - Does not take snip after selection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch - Does not take snip after selection: I have used Snip & Sketch for a long time without problem. A day ago I brought it up, selected a part of the screen, released the mouse key, and nothing happened. The screen was still grayed out and the selection was still on the screen. I can click on another part of the...
  9. Snipping Tool app disappears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snipping Tool app disappears: I'm a frequent user of Snipping Tool. Now its gone. I made a power reboot of my laptop as I noticed before, sometimes it comes up after reset. Now its totally not showing up. Pls advise...
  10. Start Menu and The Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and The Snipping Tool: How do I take a screenshot of the Start Menu with the Snipping Tool if as soon as I click Snipping Tool the Start Menu closes? 66130