Windows 10: why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?

Discus and support why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP pavilion g7 has suddenly decided to start sending everything to a save file instead of directly to a print file. Even if I say to save it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NormKoch, Nov 20, 2019.

1. NormKoch Win User

why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?

My HP pavilion g7 has suddenly decided to start sending everything to a save file instead of directly to a print file. Even if I say to save it, it still does not print. I have tried to check settings and don't see this as an option.

:)

NormKoch, Nov 20, 2019
  2. abrogard Win User

Why Will It Only Print To File?

Suddenly my computer will not print to the printer. It sets off to do so, everything seems fine, but then while I'm waiting for the print to start up pops the screen asking me what name to save the pdf file to?

It is wanting to print to pdf all the time.

I've been through the screens and everywhere I find a 'print to file' I make sure it is not checked.

What more can I do?

abrogard, Nov 20, 2019
  3. nichos Win User
    Print command asks "save"

This morning I clicked "print" in Word, Notepad or elseware the print window opens, I click print and instead of print it ,"Save Print Output As" opens with "Save as Type: Open XPS Document (*.oxps)" option only, & an error "Could not start print job" appears.

With my printer connected in a laptop it prints immediately like it was on my PC.

How can I correct the PC as it was before?

A scan showed no virus e.t.c.

Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel,
    Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600, EVGA GeForce 9800,
    W10 pro

nichos, Nov 20, 2019
  4. why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?

What is this "Save to Print File" issue?

Since the latest update, when I need to print it wants me to "Save to Print File". I checked and my printer is set as default and there is NOT a check in the Print to File box. Any suggestions.

DonnaPool1, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?

1. why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them? - Similar Threads - why does system

2. Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf: I know this is a common problem - I won't even bother to describe it in detail but i can't find a recent thread. Anyway, my printer is the default and Print to File is not checked in the print menu 2 common 'solutions'. I am trying to print documents related to my...
  3. Prints to File instead of to printer

Prints to File instead of to printer: after Win 10 update....print jobs go to file intsteadof to printer....how do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prints-to-file-instead-of-to-printer/53af65c8-2d21-4f75-89e3-018f0edb7ada
  4. Can't Print Asks me to save document

Can't Print Asks me to save document: When I go to print, it is asking me to save the file. If I save the file and then try to open it to print it asks me the save question: save the file. I have had this system set up for years with no printer problems this just started to occur. My printer is an HP Officejet...
  5. when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing

when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing: Since the update yesterday when I print, it tried to save PRN file before printing. How do I stop that and just print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-print-it-tries-to-save-file-instead-of-just/f094cb24-0923-43df-88ed-20ed83c4aeeb
  6. Won't print -- I get "Save Print Output As" instead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't print -- I get "Save Print Output As" instead: When I tried to print a .pdf attachment I got in an email, after I clicked the 'PRINT' button, I got a "Save Print Output As" window. I thought at first the PDF reader was at fault, but it also happens with other programs. I don't see anything in the print dialogs that...
  7. Cannot print a file; It opens as ‘Save as’ instead on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot print a file; It opens as ‘Save as’ instead on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 computers come with support for a range of peripherals. This includes a long list of printers. But some users have reported encountering a glitch on their Windows 10 computer where they get a prompt to save the PDF, [...] This post Cannot print a...
  8. My computer will only save as prn files instead of printing

My computer will only save as prn files instead of printing: Hello, I have a Dell Desktop, i7 processor, 16 GB ram, running Windows 10. I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8610. I used to be able to print from my computer to my printer. Now my computer will only "save as a prn file." I can print from other devices such as iPhones...
  9. Print save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print save: How do I do a screen save? There is a screen print tab on my laptop but no screen save tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-save/50ff135f-d800-42cd-977d-d03a51a2bd4e
  10. Print command asks "save"

Print command asks "save": This morning I clicked "print" in Word, Notepad or elseware the print window opens, I click print and instead of print it ,"Save Print Output As" opens with "Save as Type: Open XPS Document (*.oxps)" option only, & an error "Could not start print job" appears. With my...