Windows 10: Why does the title bar of my main screen appear on my second monitor when watching videos?...

Discus and support Why does the title bar of my main screen appear on my second monitor when watching videos?... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheVillainInThisGame [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheVillainInThisGame, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Why does the title bar of my main screen appear on my second monitor when watching videos?...

/u/TheVillainInThisGame, Mar 31, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Why does the title bar of my main screen appear on my second monitor when watching videos?...

Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

Why does the title bar of my main screen appear on my second monitor when watching videos?... [​IMG]

After:

Why does the title bar of my main screen appear on my second monitor when watching videos?... [​IMG]

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Why does the title bar of my main screen appear on my second monitor when watching videos?...

1. Why does the title bar of my main screen appear on my second monitor when watching videos?... - Similar Threads - Why does title

2. my main monitor reacts when i click to second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my main monitor reacts when i click to second monitor: hello i just got second monitor main monitor is horisontally and secondary monitor is vertically i have problem when playing games on main monitor and interact on second one my game is closing and i have to open it again from main monitor i hope someone can help me thanks...
  3. my main monitor reacts when i click to second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my main monitor reacts when i click to second monitor: hello i just got second monitor main monitor is horisontally and secondary monitor is vertically i have problem when playing games on main monitor and interact on second one my game is closing and i have to open it again from main monitor i hope someone can help me thanks...
  4. Why is my second monitor overriding my main one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my second monitor overriding my main one?: I am using a new Alienware laptop using Windows 11 and whenever I connect an external display/monitor via the HDMI Port present at the back of the computer, both screens are recognized as the one that was just connected! Because I use this computer mainly for gaming, this is...
  5. Why is my second monitor overriding my main one?

Why is my second monitor overriding my main one?: I am using a new Alienware laptop using Windows 11 and whenever I connect an external display/monitor via the HDMI Port present at the back of the computer, both screens are recognized as the one that was just connected! Because I use this computer mainly for gaming, this is...
  6. Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.: I am trying to use a television screen as a second monitor but when I power it on my main monitor turns black then comes back on and all my windows and icon disappears as if it became the second monitor and the tv became the main monitor. I am guessing that everything shifted...
  7. Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.

Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.: I am trying to use a television screen as a second monitor but when I power it on my main monitor turns black then comes back on and all my windows and icon disappears as if it became the second monitor and the tv became the main monitor. I am guessing that everything shifted...
  8. why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns...: why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns black and turns back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-im-gaming-on-my-main-monitor-and-i-use-my/8ec0cdde-616b-4876-9973-66777e58417c
  9. Why is my second monitor appearing blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my second monitor appearing blurry: I have just plugged in a second monitor to my pc and for some reason it appears as blurry I am using windows 10 and I am unsure as to what to do as I have tried to scale dpi chance the resolution and lots of different options such as updating display adaptors, however it is...
  10. Link titled “Watch” appeared on desktop screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Link titled “Watch” appeared on desktop screen?: About an hour ago, I turned on my computer and noticed a link labeled "watch" in the center of my screen. I clicked it, and it took me to a League of legends video I’ve watched, from a channel I’m subbed to on YouTube. I did NOT put that link on my screen, and I swear it...