Windows 10: Why does the Windows 10 file explorer have to be so cluttered?

Discus and support Why does the Windows 10 file explorer have to be so cluttered? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_kweso [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_kweso, Mar 2, 2021.

1. /u/_kweso Win User

Why does the Windows 10 file explorer have to be so cluttered?

/u/_kweso, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Why does the Windows 10 file explorer have to be so cluttered? :p

Frick, Mar 2, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Why does the Windows 10 file explorer have to be so cluttered? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does the Windows 10 file explorer have to be so cluttered? - Similar Threads - Why does file

2. Why does Windows 10 explorer feels so slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows 10 explorer feels so slow?: Hi, I've lately updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I just feel the Windows Explorer from the latest kind of slow compared to the previous OS versions. I've tried some win10 version from 10240 to 19045 and they all have the same issue. It seems that when browsing folder...
  3. Why is file explorer so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is file explorer so slow?: Regardless of what i search for, explorer takes a century, I searched for 'certificate' and get a looooooooooooooong list of irrelevant results. "Certificate" may appear in the 2,019,923,447th level of the file's properties. The green indicator rushes through the scroll arrow...
  4. Why is file explorer so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is file explorer so slow?: Regardless of what i search for, explorer takes a century, I searched for 'certificate' and get a looooooooooooooong list of irrelevant results. "Certificate" may appear in the 2,019,923,447th level of the file's properties. The green indicator rushes through the scroll arrow...
  5. Why is file explorer so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is file explorer so slow: This isn't your ordinary dumb person not nowing how storage and windows works, I'm just wondering, recently I've been having hdd problems and am going to replace soon, but today, it just won't detect at all. I left my pc on overnight to 'fix' my E drive but it only went up to...
  6. Why is file explorer so slow

Why is file explorer so slow: This isn't your ordinary dumb person not nowing how storage and windows works, I'm just wondering, recently I've been having hdd problems and am going to replace soon, but today, it just won't detect at all. I left my pc on overnight to 'fix' my E drive but it only went up to...
  7. Why is file explorer so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Why is System32 so cluttered?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is System32 so cluttered?: The most important folder in Windows is not organized at all, why? All the DLLs and executables and are just laying around in the same folder directory. Does it improve file access times, or does it make Windows easier to develop, or what?Second Question - In Windows XP, you...
  9. Why is System32 so cluttered?

Why is System32 so cluttered?: The most important folder in Windows is not organized at all, why? All the DLLs and executables and are just laying around in the same folder directory. Does it improve file access times, or does it make Windows easier to develop, or what?Second Question - In Windows XP, you...
  10. Strange and cluttered File Explorer left pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange and cluttered File Explorer left pane: This is something that's been bothering me since I upgraded this Dell XPS8700 to windows 10 some two weeks or more ago. The left pane in File Explorer seems to duplicate my drive letters and info other than what's under the entry "This PC". If I look down the list,...