Windows 10: Why does the Windows 10 start menu appear to be all gray and colorless now?

Discus and support Why does the Windows 10 start menu appear to be all gray and colorless now? in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I have just installed the most recent Windows 10 feature update and realized that my startmenu is now all gray, and it no longer shows the selected... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EverydayAden, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Why does the Windows 10 start menu appear to be all gray and colorless now?

Hi, I have just installed the most recent Windows 10 feature update and realized that my startmenu is now all gray, and it no longer shows the selected personalized color for some shortcuts, which is the default blue for me. Was this done intentionally in the new update? Is there any way to return it to normal?

My start menu after updating:
    Why does the Windows 10 start menu appear to be all gray and colorless now? 29cdd2b0-0728-40da-955b-d91bad0e8537?upload=true.jpg

The start menu before this is an online image, not mine:
    Why does the Windows 10 start menu appear to be all gray and colorless now? d613f267-fc3f-493e-b6ff-ccdea5de993d?upload=true.jpg

:)

EverydayAden, Dec 16, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Dec 16, 2020
  3. How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

Thanks for this topgundcp as I have used the snipping tool a lot but could never figure how to capture pop up menus.

IownAmoneyPit, Dec 16, 2020
  4. scevism Win User

Why does the Windows 10 start menu appear to be all gray and colorless now?

scevism, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Why does the Windows 10 start menu appear to be all gray and colorless now?

1. Why does the Windows 10 start menu appear to be all gray and colorless now? - Similar Threads - Why does start

2. Why is my camera app showing a Grayed/colorless perspective? How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my camera app showing a Grayed/colorless perspective? How to fix this?: When opening my camera app, my screen shows a black and white perspective of the thing that is in front of the lense. theres no setting to change the webcam & I've tried changing the saturation on other apps....
  3. Why is my camera app showing a Grayed/colorless perspective? How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my camera app showing a Grayed/colorless perspective? How to fix this?: When opening my camera app, my screen shows a black and white perspective of the thing that is in front of the lense. theres no setting to change the webcam & I've tried changing the saturation on other apps....
  4. Colorless Icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colorless Icons in start menu: [ATTACH] Like in this screenshot, icons in the app listin start menu aren't in their original color, they are in black only. The problem is with the applications which were pre-installed. Newly installed applications' icon have their color. Like icons of Calculator, Films...
  5. start menu boxes gray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu boxes gray: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/go_beavs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqcags/start_menu_boxes_gray/
  6. My start menu does not appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My start menu does not appear: [ATTACH] When I click Start Menu Button the tiles / start menu does not pop up. Only the search options appear as you see in the picture. Does anyone know a solution to get my start menu back ? Thank you in advance...
  7. Start Menu does not appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu does not appear: Hello, Start Menu does not appear when users click on Windows Icon at desktop Screen. Could anyone suggest what could be the issue. This has been a general problem in windows 10 Regards, Rakesh...
  8. Windows 10 - "Extract All" option does not appear in menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - "Extract All" option does not appear in menu: Windows 10 - "Extract All" option does not appear in menu. I had Winzip universal trial version installed and now its not working. Earlier "Extract All" option was appearing in right click menu, but after installing Winzip universal trial version, now Extract All option is...
  9. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  10. Gray start menu icon?!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Gray start menu icon?!?: Lately I've noticed whenever Google Chrome ends up as one of the most-used programs on my start menu that its icon is completely gray. Here's what it looks like. https://goo.gl/photos/CELjBKm9CnNwhGKx7 If I turn off the display of most used programs and then back on...