Windows 10: Why does the Windows Automatically restart?

Discus and support Why does the Windows Automatically restart? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just bought a new All-inOne Desktop (HP425Z) and when I am working online, for no apparent reason the computer restarts. Went to Google to lookup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by liannawright, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Why does the Windows Automatically restart?

Just bought a new All-inOne Desktop (HP425Z) and when I am working online, for no apparent reason the computer restarts. Went to Google to lookup resolution and then to Control Panel and unchecked the automatic restart button. Thought that solved the problem. But once again it restarted. Is there something else I should be doing?

Is this a Win problem or a HP desktop problem? It's irritating. The screen goes black and it restarts and then it asks do I want to restore the web sites? (This is while working in Chrome browser).

:)

liannawright, Aug 1, 2018

2. System restarts automatically?????HELP!!!!!

Turn off Windows Automatic Restarts so you can see what type of BSOD the system is popping.

eidairaman1, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Why does the Windows Automatically restart?

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Why does the Windows Automatically restart?

1. Why does the Windows Automatically restart? - Similar Threads - Why does Automatically

2. why my laptop automatically restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my laptop automatically restart: why my laptop automatically restarti have try below methods1. advanced system settingsstartup & recovery automatic restart 2. msdt.exe -id device diagnostic...
  3. why my laptop automatically restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my laptop automatically restart: why my laptop automatically restarti have try below methods1. advanced system settingsstartup & recovery automatic restart 2. msdt.exe -id device diagnostic...
  4. Windows Restarting Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Restarting Automatically: I'm trying to train an LLM. It's a long process that takes multiple days. I'm paying for GPU time to do this. I keep getting disconnected because my Windows computer restarts for updates, despite the fact that I've repeatedly changed every setting I can to try to prevent...
  5. Windows Restarting Automatically

Windows Restarting Automatically: I'm trying to train an LLM. It's a long process that takes multiple days. I'm paying for GPU time to do this. I keep getting disconnected because my Windows computer restarts for updates, despite the fact that I've repeatedly changed every setting I can to try to prevent...
  6. why does my windows not restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my windows not restart: whenever i restart my system it just gos black screen but pc is running and a light pops up on the the corner of the motherboard. i find that if that light goes off only then it sucessfully restarts otherwise it doesnt restart. so sometimes it restarts sometimes that light...
  7. why does my windows not restart

why does my windows not restart: whenever i restart my system it just gos black screen but pc is running and a light pops up on the the corner of the motherboard. i find that if that light goes off only then it sucessfully restarts otherwise it doesnt restart. so sometimes it restarts sometimes that light...
  8. Why does Restart mean the same as Update & Restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Restart mean the same as Update & Restart?: I have a near-6-year-old PC which is about to be replaced by a new one, but while I'm just in the process of installing software I need which I use on the current one, the current one is trying to force the 20H2 update on me. This is a PC which - when I tried to just Restart,...
  9. Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?: Because of this I have to do manually check my laptop for updates by clicking check for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-10-not-checking-for-updates/027feef7-dd2e-4dbe-99ee-9aa2659aeacf
  10. Why does Windows restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows restart?: I was working on something yesterday evening and it got late. So, I paused the VM I was working in and put the computer to sleep. The next morning, the computer is running and it did restart fully at some point during the night. My question is: what the ****? I'd say that's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why windows phone automatically reboot