Windows 10: Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam?

Discus and support Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really need to use the webcam for online classes so you can imagine how stressful this is. It updated once and broke the camera, so I updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HauntedTropics, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam?

I really need to use the webcam for online classes so you can imagine how stressful this is.

It updated once and broke the camera, so I updated windows again and the camera worked fine again. Then yesterday my brother updated it again and now the camera stopped working again. This is really frustrating.

*No, uninstalling the device didn't fix it.

submitted by /u/HauntedTropics
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HauntedTropics, Sep 4, 2020

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam?

windows 10 update 1607 logitech c525 webcam stopped fault main.exe . any fixes

Hi,

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update WebCam driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for the relevant driver.
    • Right-click on the Webcam driver and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart your system
    Method 2: Uninstall and then re-install
    WebCam driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for the relevant driver.
    • Right-click on the Webcam driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Once, you have uninstalled the driver do not restart, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest
      Webcam driver
    • Double-click (run) and install the driver setup file.
    • Restart your system.
    Refer this link to download your webcam driver:
    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/hd-webcam-c525#download

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam?

1. Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam? - Similar Threads - Why does update

2. Windows keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps breaking.: Hi. I'm having severe problems with windows 10. It's running dual booted with Linux mint on my Asus tuf gaming laptop. Like a month ago it started giving me trouble. It just refuse to start. I got the loading screen but as soon as I got to the login screen it froze. If I was...
  3. Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?: Everytime this company sneaks an update at 3 AM to my PC, I get to wake up to it booting and relooping itself for hours on end. Just for it to eventually undo the Update and reset itself, which sometimes works, and other times doesn't and I have to fully reinstall...
  4. Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?

Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?: Everytime this company sneaks an update at 3 AM to my PC, I get to wake up to it booting and relooping itself for hours on end. Just for it to eventually undo the Update and reset itself, which sometimes works, and other times doesn't and I have to fully reinstall...
  5. Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. why does windows 10 updates break the functionality on my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does windows 10 updates break the functionality on my pc?: Every day I try to do anything on my laptop, I end up losing my whole day, just trying to check my emails & today, I just needed to go to the hulu website to look further into my hulu account, but whatever disgusting "Windows 10 Update" that updated last, ruined all of my...
  7. why does windows 10 updates break the functionality on my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows 10 updates break the functionality on my pc?: Every day I try to do anything on my laptop, I end up losing my whole day, just trying to check my emails & today, I just needed to go to the hulu website to look further into my hulu account, but whatever disgusting "Windows 10 Update" that updated last, ruined all of my...
  8. why does windows 10 updates break the functionality on my pc?

9. Why does windows keeps auto updating?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows keeps auto updating?: Hi, I am using windows 10 Home edition on my HP laptop. I have disabled windows 10 auto updates because it messes with my internet during online classes. Even so, it keeps on updating in the background. I use metered connection but still it updates. I have made sure that it...
  10. Why does the midi drivers break

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does the midi drivers break: I have a midi keyboard M-audio that connects to my win 10 desktop but 5 minutes into playing the keyboard changes key - so uninstall re-install reboot etc...no joy....then without the keyboard plugged in using finale software some of the parts change key and the same with...