Windows 10: Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...

Discus and support Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am Rizal, I bought new Asus laptop, and it includes Windows 11. Initially, my fingerprint recognition in my Asus was fine, it worked correctly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Muhamad Rizal Ridlo, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...

Hi, I am Rizal, I bought new Asus laptop, and it includes Windows 11. Initially, my fingerprint recognition in my Asus was fine, it worked correctly. After a month of use, I saw my laptop could not enter sleep mode after some time and message "Your device could not recognize you. Please try again" is blinking repeatedly preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode, however the sensor itself still can recognize my fingerprint. So, fingerprint sensor still can work just fine, but the blinking part is troublesome since it prevents my laptop from sleep mode, but if I disable the fingerprint recognit

:)

Muhamad Rizal Ridlo, Feb 22, 2023

2. USB sound/midi device not recognized

I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and
    plugged into my laptop. I've seen instructions online indicating that device manager should identify the keyboard as a sound device, and that I should be able to choose folder location for correct driver, but can't complete this step as device manager does
    not list the keyboard as an available device.

Any suggestions?

Music ManRX, Feb 22, 2023
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Feb 22, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...

Laptop doesn't recognize connected android device.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you connect your Android device to the computer it is not recognized, we will look into this for you.

As per the description, the Android device only charges when you connect it to the computer. Hence, we would like to know if you see any Unknown device in Device Manager. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. In Device Manager window, check if there is a section of
      Unknown device.
    3. If you see Unknown device, right click on it and select
      Update Device.
    4. If prompted, restart the computer.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps from the article Error:
    “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive
    except Method 2 and see if that makes any difference.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 22, 2023
Thema:

Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...

1. Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop... - Similar Threads - Why does warning

2. Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?: I bought a Wacom Intuos S Bluetooth tablet, but it only works when connected to a laptop with a cable. When I want to connect with Bluetooth, I can't even see the device recognized in the Bluetooth panel. I wrote to Wacom Support, but they say that the tablet is trying to...
  3. Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?: I bought a Wacom Intuos S Bluetooth tablet, but it only works when connected to a laptop with a cable. When I want to connect with Bluetooth, I can't even see the device recognized in the Bluetooth panel. I wrote to Wacom Support, but they say that the tablet is trying to...
  4. Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB device could not be recognized, then my computer showed warning that it was about to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device could not be recognized, then my computer showed warning that it was about to...: So, I bought a stupid "spy camera" due to my boyfriend buying SEVERAL, I was curious to know what it is he's looking for. I ordered it off of the Temu App, so I'm pretty certain everything comes from China. Long story short, I put the USB in & within seconds, a warning popped...
  6. USB device could not be recognized, then my computer showed warning that it was about to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device could not be recognized, then my computer showed warning that it was about to...: So, I bought a stupid "spy camera" due to my boyfriend buying SEVERAL, I was curious to know what it is he's looking for. I ordered it off of the Temu App, so I'm pretty certain everything comes from China. Long story short, I put the USB in & within seconds, a warning popped...
  7. Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does there is a warning " your device could not recognize you" and prevent my laptop...: Hi, I am Rizal, I bought new Asus laptop, and it includes Windows 11. Initially, my fingerprint recognition in my Asus was fine, it worked correctly. After a month of use, I saw my laptop could not enter sleep mode after some time and message "Your device could not recognize...
  8. My laptop does not recognize the battery?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop does not recognize the battery?: My laptop does not recognize the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-does-not-recognize-the-battery/fa52bdc3-49f0-4b77-a685-0ddaece8ba7b
  9. Why does my laptop not recognize a headset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop not recognize a headset?: When plugging in my headset, I can hear sound, but the microphone doesn't work. It only uses my laptop's internal microphone. In the 'playback' tab in settings I only have speakers, and in the 'recording' tab I have 'Microphone Array' and 'Stereo mix'. I have tried things...
  10. Microsoft warns Windows 10 could prevent driver updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft warns Windows 10 could prevent driver updates: Windows Update provides maintenance and security patches for Windows 10, Microsoft products and as well as updates for device drivers. Drivers are released through Windows Update and they usually work pretty well, but Windows Update drivers are not always the most up to date....