Windows 10: Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my...

Discus and support Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I realized that when I press the "Type here to search box", a new screen pops up. Its weird because I can't even search anything, so what's the point?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by erehz, Jun 3, 2023.

1. erehz Win User

Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my...

I realized that when I press the "Type here to search box", a new screen pops up. Its weird because I can't even search anything, so what's the point? This is a picture of what the screen looks like because I couldn't take a screenshot for some reason.

:)

erehz, Jun 3, 2023

2. Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my...

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my...

1. Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my... - Similar Threads - Why does press

2. Why does a weird news thing pop up when i hover on the "type here to search" area on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does a weird news thing pop up when i hover on the "type here to search" area on my...: When i want to search for an app on my computer, this weird news thing appears on my screen. I tried to turn off news and intrests, but that only gets rid of the weather thing on the taskbar that also shows stocks stuff sometimes. I went in settings and was able to get the...
  3. Why does a weird news thing pop up when i hover on the "type here to search" area on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does a weird news thing pop up when i hover on the "type here to search" area on my...: When i want to search for an app on my computer, this weird news thing appears on my screen. I tried to turn off news and intrests, but that only gets rid of the weather thing on the taskbar that also shows stocks stuff sometimes. I went in settings and was able to get the...
  4. Why does a weird news thing pop up when i hover on the "type here to search" area on my...

in Cortana
  5. Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my...: I realized that when I press the "Type here to search box", a new screen pops up. Its weird because I can't even search anything, so what's the point? This is a picture of what the screen looks like because I couldn't take a screenshot for some reason....
  6. Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does this come up when i press the "Type here to search" box at the bottom of my...: I realized that when I press the "Type here to search box", a new screen pops up. Its weird because I can't even search anything, so what's the point? This is a picture of what the screen looks like because I couldn't take a screenshot for some reason....
  7. Windows "Type Here To Search" Bar Grey Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "Type Here To Search" Bar Grey Box: When I try to search for an application or file in my computer, a grey box shows up and blocks the content. It disappears when you click on it. This concerns me as I have recently also noticed that my search engine on google sometimes randomly switches to yahoo. Is it...
  8. type here to search bottom left on screen

in Cortana
    type here to search bottom left on screen: when i type here to search nothing comes up its still blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search-bottom-left-on-screen/345380b1-036c-426e-8867-d22a080dba91
  9. Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?: Hello My computer have Windows 10, and recently I found out that, I can type in the "Type here to search" box, but there nothing coming up... its really annoying. I don't know what to do? Hope you guys can help me ;...
  10. Black screen of type here to search. When searching, nothing comes up. Desktop/laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen of type here to search. When searching, nothing comes up. Desktop/laptop: This problem started today for both of my computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-of-type-here-to-search-when-searching/eac46381-f406-457f-a72d-a2f01f81b3ae