Windows 10: Why does this happen? Ever so often, when I'm moving tabs from one monitor to another, I'll...

Discus and support Why does this happen? Ever so often, when I'm moving tabs from one monitor to another, I'll... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hanmango_kiwi [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hanmango_kiwi, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Why does this happen? Ever so often, when I'm moving tabs from one monitor to another, I'll...

/u/hanmango_kiwi, Jul 5, 2020
  2. pixadex Win User

windows 10 change display setting- monitors change from one desktop to another from monitor to all

I'll update on whats going on. But is there a way you can resolved this with 3rd party, because all monitors move when I move one of them to change desktop from 1 to 2 Etc. because it makes no sense why microsoft would make all of them move because that
    takes away reason why using another monitor and muti task I wonder why microsoft even did that. THANK YOU.

pixadex, Jul 5, 2020
  3. ArmaRayo Win User
    App/addon/extension to send apps from one monitor to another?

^ that context menu option "move to" only moves in virtual desktops - not from one monitor to another...

My mouse seems to have some issue,, it registers single clicks often as double clicks... :/ *Sad
    And it's only 6 months when purchased~ so I dunno.

ArmaRayo, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Why does this happen? Ever so often, when I'm moving tabs from one monitor to another, I'll...

Moving Settings to another machine: Why is this so tortuous?

I try to get portable installs so all the settings/files for a program are at the same location as the program. This is installed off of C partition so when Windows needs to be re-installed I don't have to spend days redoing all the programs from the beginning.
    But often portable versions aren't available. Are there any backup programs that are particularly good at moving settings/preferences/options from one build to another? You'd think you could just find your program in Documents and Settings and copy it over
    but that would be ridiculously logical so obviously not ever done in the software world.

I also am going from 32 bit to 64 bit. While most of my old programs on D drive are working I wonder if they are working optimally. Is there a program that can scan your programs and tell you which should be replaced? And do some 32 bit programs work
    on 64 bit OS's and some don't? I've found a few that are acting strangely. Hardware Monitor, an excellent program for temperatures and diagnostics, now doesn't see any temperature sensors. VLC suddenly won't play MP4 and MKV files yet will play AVI files.
    Does this sound like 32/64 bit conflicts?

Bob Is Interested, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Why does this happen? Ever so often, when I'm moving tabs from one monitor to another, I'll...

1. Why does this happen? Ever so often, when I'm moving tabs from one monitor to another, I'll... - Similar Threads - Why does happen

2. Happens occasionally, a tab in the background flashes like a glitch on another tab I'm on,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Happens occasionally, a tab in the background flashes like a glitch on another tab I'm on,...: Whenever I restart my PC, it stops. It happens when I leave it idle and turn it back on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/happens-occasionally-a-tab-in-the-background/ba69d2bf-b064-42bd-9c6e-1e2adc830c91
  3. Happens occasionally, a tab in the background flashes like a glitch on another tab I'm on,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Happens occasionally, a tab in the background flashes like a glitch on another tab I'm on,...: Whenever I restart my PC, it stops. It happens when I leave it idle and turn it back on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/happens-occasionally-a-tab-in-the-background/ba69d2bf-b064-42bd-9c6e-1e2adc830c91
  4. All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?: Hi, I have a dual monitor setup. One is 27inch 1440p and the other one is 24 1080p. Every time I'm done using my pc I use Windows+L then sleep mode. When I power it back on it moves everything onto the 27inch. Is this normal when I power it I have to type my passcode to log...
  5. All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?: Hi, I have a dual monitor setup. One is 27inch 1440p and the other one is 24 1080p. Every time I'm done using my pc I use Windows+L then sleep mode. When I power it back on it moves everything onto the 27inch. Is this normal when I power it I have to type my passcode to log...
  6. All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor...: Hello, I keep on having BSOD's when I move a product that's mostly GPU intensive Autodesk Autocad, Autodesk Revit to another monitor especially now that the latest version of Revit allows another viewport to be moved to another monitor . Even the EPIC Games launcher desktop...
  8. Drag and drop often does not work from one program to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop often does not work from one program to another: When I try to drag and drop files to copy, move them to another program or a link from the browser to a file manager to copy the link location and so on it often is not possible (sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, although the programs always are the sames), this sign...
  9. Build 1803 freezes ever so often

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Build 1803 freezes ever so often: Hello All, Am having some problems lately after making out a new installation of Windows version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48). I have an SSD where I have the Windows 10 x64- Operating System exclusively and to this is attached a 2 TB Hitachi HDD where I store all else. The...
  10. How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors: I have two monitors. One uses dual DVI cable and one uses DisplayPort. When the monitors wake up after a sleep, the apps on the DVI monitor move to the DisplayPort monitor. This probably has to do with the difference when Windows senses which monitor is active first. Is...