Windows 10: Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution?

Discus and support Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Plootsxd, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution?

/u/Plootsxd, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Quelscar Win User

Screen changes after fullscreening

It happens when i enter fullscreen mode on any application such as media player, it also happens when i select fullscreen mode on youtube and twitch videos, as well as with games in full screen.

The changes happen at the start of fullscreen mode and i have to tab out and reset the resolution by changing it and then changing it back for it to be reset to normal using the nvidia control panel.

Quelscar, Oct 26, 2020
  3. HTC
    HTC Win User
    Forced to play a game @ too high resolution (Ubuntu, fullscreen)?

You mean these (attach)? If i press the Alt key while in game, the game locks straight away (does not happen in a window: only in fullscreen). That's what i have changed, per Law-II's suggestion, before entering the game: if i set the resolution to 1080p before entering the game, the game's OK.

I've only tested 2 resolutions besides 1440p (1080p and 1200p) but this leads me to believe that i can only play @ the resolution set in the desktop before entering the game: if i attempt another resolution while in game, the game gets skewed like the video below.

Notice the pic i took in the video: it's OK, even though the image on screen is totally skewed. Did not behave this way, originally, and i dunno what changed: OS re-install didn't fix.

I'll give this a try latter and report back.

4. Arun B J Win User

Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution?

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution?

1. Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution? - Similar Threads - Why does happen

2. why does my video files stutter on Fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my video files stutter on Fullscreen?: When i try to look at videos with any media player it consistently stutters on fullscreen, it doesn't stutter when i try to play it on a browser. when i go to my apps and video playback the preview is smooth when its small and stutters when its fullscreen as shown...
  3. why does my video files stutter on Fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my video files stutter on Fullscreen?: When i try to look at videos with any media player it consistently stutters on fullscreen, it doesn't stutter when i try to play it on a browser. when i go to my apps and video playback the preview is smooth when its small and stutters when its fullscreen as shown...
  4. Online Video loses focus when entering fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online Video loses focus when entering fullscreen: Hi thereI recently built a new PC and upgraded to Windows 11 and since have been having this issue.Whenever I fullscreen a video specifically YouTube I am unable to use the arrow keys for adjusting volume unless I click on the video again.I usually use Firefox as my primary...
  5. Online Video loses focus when entering fullscreen

Online Video loses focus when entering fullscreen: Hi thereI recently built a new PC and upgraded to Windows 11 and since have been having this issue.Whenever I fullscreen a video specifically YouTube I am unable to use the arrow keys for adjusting volume unless I click on the video again.I usually use Firefox as my primary...
  6. Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?: Greetings everyone. I recently installed windows 11 and I've been loving it! Problem is, when I installed "intel graphics command center" to enable window stretching on lower resolutions as I play old games and hate dealing with the black bars on the sides, and with that, the...
  7. Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?

Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?: Greetings everyone. I recently installed windows 11 and I've been loving it! Problem is, when I installed "intel graphics command center" to enable window stretching on lower resolutions as I play old games and hate dealing with the black bars on the sides, and with that, the...
  8. Resolution Changes when I get into fullscreen on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution Changes when I get into fullscreen on games: Ok heres how this started so I got a new room built and I moved my PC there, every time I play a game in full screen it changes its resolution. Also my resolutions recommended used to be and the actual resolution is 1360 x 768 and it changed to 1024 x 768 so I think thats the...
  9. Resolution Changes when I get into fullscreen on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution Changes when I get into fullscreen on games: Ok heres how this started so I got a new room built and I moved my PC there, every time I play a game in full screen it changes its resolution. Also my resolutions recommended used to be and the actual resolution is 1360 x 768 and it changed to 1024 x 768 so I think thats the...
  10. Games are switching resolution when entering fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are switching resolution when entering fullscreen mode: Hi I have a problem where When I open a game like apex legends or fortnite, My monitor resolution jumps up to 3840 by 2160 witch is only supported as 30 htz. But I want my games to run at 1920 by 1080 at 144htz because that is my monitors refresh rate. Does anyone know...