Windows 10: Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

Discus and support Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jan norman, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB and I can format it. But it's write protected. To remove I need to go to the regeedit where I did and so the only problem is opening cmd and running diskpart Wich just stays there. Anyone can help me?

:)

jan norman, Apr 13, 2024
  2. Derek12 Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

For what I use cmd (ipconfig, ping, diskpart...) PowerShell works just fine

Derek12, Apr 13, 2024
  3. How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please help. diskpart only showing only 1 disk. my laptop.

How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please help. diskpart only showing only 1 disk. my laptop.

raymund reloj, Apr 13, 2024
  4. Time Lady Win User

Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

Diskpart

If you are trying to run diskpart then you should use the cmd prompt or powershell to clean an external drive.

If you’re trying to clean the drive on which Windows is installed then you can do that via the installation media>advanced options>troubleshoot>Startup>cmd prompt.

Then type:

Diskpart

List disk

Select disk X where x is the number of the drive (C is usually 0)

Clean (this will clean the windows installation) or type Clean all to remove every partition on the drive.

Time Lady, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

1. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen? - Similar Threads - Why does typing

2. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?: I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB...
  3. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  4. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  5. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?: 1. Why PowerShell does not run executables as shown in screenshot below and CMD does?2. I first opened PowerShell as admin and ran 3. "C:\Users\xyz\Downloads\Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe"4. Setup did not start.5. I then opened cmd as admin pasted...
  7. Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?

Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?: 1. Why PowerShell does not run executables as shown in screenshot below and CMD does?2. I first opened PowerShell as admin and ran 3. "C:\Users\xyz\Downloads\Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe"4. Setup did not start.5. I then opened cmd as admin pasted...
  8. Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell: Hello everybody 2 Days I go I decided to upgrade my OS to the latest version build 1903 from build 1803. I noticed that while I press SHIFT key + right click it won't show anymore on contextual menu the voice open CMD here or Powershell here. I am not sure if this is removed...
  10. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...