Windows 10: Why does Uac have to prevent me from using my Text aloud 2 program?

Discus and support Why does Uac have to prevent me from using my Text aloud 2 program? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I turned off uac through regedit and for some reason Text Aloud worked and my hp webcam worked with Facebook video call.I always had trouble using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaymondLucero, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Why does Uac have to prevent me from using my Text aloud 2 program?

I turned off uac through regedit and for some reason Text Aloud worked and my hp webcam worked with Facebook video call.I always had trouble using video call where it show cam and might were blocked.This happened for several years til i turned uac off.I get the feeling that Windows is protecting my webcam and my Text Aloud 2 program from installing.A tech at Microsoft tried the vendors newest version of the software.I rather use the current one cause i don't want to use the new version.Is their a work around where i can turn the Uac back and allow certain apps to install or do i need to install Text aloud and have it run through task scheduler.If i can get the webcam run on the task scheduler then it should be able to see it as a good app instead of preventing it from running.This is why i get frustrating on spending money on expensive lap tops from hp.Down the road something will be blocked.That is a waste of money.Microsoft is a solution to where i can run those 2 apps this way i don't have to turn off Uac to run them.These past several updates prevented it from running.MIcrosoft you guys need to work on a update to allow webcams and certain software to run.This can be a headache for customers who want to buy a expensive lap top.

:)

RaymondLucero, Jun 19, 2020
  2. tbvnz Win User

Text read aloud

My suggestion deals with having text read aloud. I love this feature but the way in which I'm asked if the text should be read aloud sometimes appears to be rude while in the presence of colleagues or relatives. I do not want them to think I'm rudely ignoring
    someone when actually I just want the text contents to be private and not read aloud. The phone should simply ask if I want the text to be read aloud and I respond with a simple yes or no. Not "ignore". This gives the impression that I deem the senders text
    "unimportant".

tbvnz, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Cortana read aloud text messages in car

Hello
    Kevin

You may try to resolve your concern about Cortana who is not able to read text messages aloud properly, by changing the
    Read incoming text messages aloud settings. Please do the following:

1. Launch Cortana and go to Settings.

2. Look for the Read incoming text messages aloud drop-down menu and change it to
      Bluetooth and wired headsets.
    3. After changing the settings, soft reset your phone by pressing and holding the
      Volume down + Power buttons for ten to fifteen seconds or until it vibrates.
    4. Try to test the Read incoming text messages aloud
      after your phone restarts.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Joe Men, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Why does Uac have to prevent me from using my Text aloud 2 program?

Cortana read aloud text messages in car

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, it didn't work. In my car over Bluetooth Cortana is still just saying "No Subject" instead of the text message.

For example, the text reads... "NoSubject I will be golfing tomorrow." But, Cortana only reads the "NoSubject" part.

Is there a way to get "NoSubject" off the texts I receive?

KevinAguirre1, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Why does Uac have to prevent me from using my Text aloud 2 program?

1. Why does Uac have to prevent me from using my Text aloud 2 program? - Similar Threads - Why does Uac

2. Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?: Hi! I went for a couple of months without using my HP Pavilion, and now the WiFi won’t reconnect at all. The second I click the button to turn it on it immediately turns off. I have checked the router, I have checked if airplane mode is on, and I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  3. Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?: Hi! I went for a couple of months without using my HP Pavilion, and now the WiFi won’t reconnect at all. The second I click the button to turn it on it immediately turns off. I have checked the router, I have checked if airplane mode is on, and I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  4. Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WTF is t and why does it prevent me from restarting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WTF is t and why does it prevent me from restarting?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tangodown1080 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xp06xc/wtf_is_t_and_why_does_it_prevent_me_from/
  6. Why does Uac have to prevent me from Installing Nextups Text Aloud 2 app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Uac have to prevent me from Installing Nextups Text Aloud 2 app?: Uac turned allowed version 4 to work only.I don't get why they block 2 since they are developed by the same company.I had to turn off uac to install Text Aloud 2.This can be a headache since no one likes to do that everytime.I though uac blocked my webcam.I'm guessing that...
  7. program that i used to have preventing update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program that i used to have preventing update?: Hi all, For some reason a program that I uninstalled over a year ago is now preventing me from updating my pc. The app is "Avast endpoint protection suite" however there shouldn't and aren't any traces of it left on my pc. For some reason windows is detecting it and...
  8. UAC and protecting me from programs I downloaded.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC and protecting me from programs I downloaded.: When I try to open a program, a message comes up stating,"this App has been blocked for your protection." The problem is I have been using this program at least ten years now with no problem wht so ever. As I see it, Microsoft is making decisions for me to decide not to...
  9. Read aloud Selected Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read aloud Selected Text: On MAC, I am used to selecting a piece of text and pressing a combination of buttons to read it aloud. It is very convenient and helps me with reading and learning faster because reading and listening at the same time improve learning efficiency. On Windows 10, It is...
  10. Does Bitlocker prevent a thief from using my laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Bitlocker prevent a thief from using my laptop?: I have had two Windows laptops stolen in as many years. I am trying to find a way to make my laptop useless to a thief and am wondering if Bitlocker will do the trick. For instance, if I use Bitlocker on my system does that only protect the HD and data or will that also...