Windows 10: Why does upgrading Windows 10 not retrieve previous OS IE Favoriates?

Discus and support Why does upgrading Windows 10 not retrieve previous OS IE Favoriates? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After upgrading Windows 10, I could not see my favorites from the IE. All saved websites were gone. Do you know how I can restore my favorites? In... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by compiler, Aug 26, 2015.

1. compiler Win User

Why does upgrading Windows 10 not retrieve previous OS IE Favoriates?

After upgrading Windows 10, I could not see my favorites from the IE. All saved websites were gone. Do you know how I can restore my favorites? In addition, how to save and view the website in Favorites in Windows 10?

:)

compiler, Aug 26, 2015

2. Upgrade key questions

Hi there,

If I get a key through the Windows 10 upgrade program, does it give me a full key, ie one that can be used to do a clean install with no previous OSes on the drive, or is it just an upgrade key so you would have to install from a full version of Windows?

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything.

Many thanks

Patrick TS, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Rahul.P Win User
    Does Windows 10 update uninstalls every software from C before upgrading?

Does windows 10 upgrade first uninstalls everything before upgrading or it just upgrades over previous windows 7 OS?

Rahul.P, Aug 26, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Favorites are usually kept in C:/Users (your name)/ Favorites. If you still have folder "windows.old" you should be able to find it there and copy to same place in W10. Next time you start IE, it should pick them up.

CountMike, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Word Man Win User
    And you're sure you're looking at IE and not Edge?

Word Man, Aug 26, 2015
  6. compiler Win User
    Hi! I am talking about the Windows 10 Edge but I am also talking about the IE in my previous Windows 8.1 before upgrading. The Windows 10 Edge does NOT automatically retrieve the Favorites from the IE in the Windows 8.1 after upgrading. All the Favorites were gone after upgrading.

I have other two PCs and hastate to upgrade to Windows 10 because I am concerned about the Favorites will be gone again after upgrading. Please guild how to prevent Favorites from lost when upgrading to the Windows 10 and how to save and view the Favorites in the Windows 10 Edge?

compiler, Aug 26, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    I already told you, save folder "favorites" from C:/Users /(your name)/ Favorites somewhere else and return it in the same place in the new system.

CountMike, Aug 26, 2015
  8. Word Man Win User

That'll cover your IE Favorites problem. In Edge you then need to Import the favorites from IE to Edge - more on that here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Word Man, Aug 26, 2015
  9. brummyfan Win User
    While you use Edge, open Task Manager, right click Edge, select go to details from the drop down menu, right click all instance of Microsoft Edge Content Process and select End Task, reboot and see whether it fixes the problem.

brummyfan, Aug 27, 2015
  10. tinmar49 Win User
    My favourites have appeared, and in alphabetical order, for three upgrades.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does upgrading Windows 10 not retrieve previous OS IE Favoriates? - Similar Threads - Why does upgrading

2. Is there a way to retrieve a PREVIOUS MS account password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to retrieve a PREVIOUS MS account password?: I'm coping with an older BitLocked Win 10, Lenovo Thinkpad. I have the recovery key, and all was going well until I got to the step asking for the MS account password. The password was changed a while ago while this computer was locked. So this computer is looking for the...
  3. Is there a way to retrieve a PREVIOUS MS account password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to retrieve a PREVIOUS MS account password?: I'm coping with an older BitLocked Win 10, Lenovo Thinkpad. I have the recovery key, and all was going well until I got to the step asking for the MS account password. The password was changed a while ago while this computer was locked. So this computer is looking for the...
  4. Windows 10 OS upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OS upgrade: Hi Team. I brought a new laptop couple of days before and it is installed with MS Office 10 home OS however I need to upgrade to MS Office 10 Pro . This is pre installed in my laptop. Kindly assist on how I can upgrade to new OS. Thanks Ravi R...
  5. Computer reverting to previous OS when trying to upgrade to windows 10

Computer reverting to previous OS when trying to upgrade to windows 10: Hello there, I have currently been trying to upgrade a work PC from window 7 PC to windows 10. I have gone through the Microsoft Media creation tool and told it to "upgrade this PC." The system has gone through all the setup steps and checks, but when windows 10 was...
  6. How to retrieve previous Windows 10 Home Digital License?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to retrieve previous Windows 10 Home Digital License?: I bought my laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. It says that Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account. Now. I tried upgrading with a new product key but after restart, I found out that it's fake. How do I recover my previous...
  7. Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Does IE 10 or IE 9 run on Windows 10?: I have access issues with a legacy application running in Windows 10 and I need the functionality of either IE 10 or IE 9 (we need SSL v.3) until we upgrade. Does anyone know how I can install earlier versions of IE on Windows 10 or a work around, we tried and were not...
  8. Disabled IE but why?

in Browsers and Email
    Disabled IE but why?: Do I keep getting temporary files? Thanks 72058
  9. IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    IE Slow after upgrade to Windows 10: Hi, I've recently done the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade form Windows 7, Windows 7 was fine but since the upgrade was free I thought I might as well upgrade. Since I've upgraded IE is very slow on all web pages, sometimes if I'm doing banking where you have the drop down...
  10. Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions.

Upgrade Path, Versions and Previous MS OS versions.: is there an extensive or definitive list about what versions of windows 7/8/8.1 get what version of windows 10 w/ the reservations? as im planning on rolling back from Windows 8.1 to 7 then going to upgrade from there if its going to make Jack Squat a difference as i Still...