Windows 10: Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.

Discus and support Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two users. User A is my account. It is an administrator account and I login to User A for every thing I do on my computer. User B is an user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NGT, Jan 28, 2019.

1. NGT
    NGT Win User

Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.

I have two users. User A is my account. It is an administrator account and I login to User A for every thing I do on my computer. User B is an user account that I use. I don't use it for much of any thing.

Today, I was looking at the file directories for user B. explorer to see what was in the directories. I found under the file directory Searches a file with the name, Everywhere. I clicked on that and there was a list of Outlook documents (I don't what type they are) that showed my emails addresses and files with the subject line of Outlook emails from Account A. User B has not used outlook.

Why would user B have the email and these files from user A? How is this keeping data from one user account protected from another user account?

If you need me to be clearer, ask away.

Thank you.

:)

2. Kari Win User

different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.

Lost User Account

After upgrading from Window 7 to 10, I lost my wife's User Account got messed up, using my email address and login password, with no ability to change them. I received the reply below, but still have problems:

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with user accounts, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that there can be only one Microsoft user account on one device, and that might be the reason you are unable to change the email address for the user account.

I suggest you to create a new account (Local account) on your computer and transfer the content to newly created user account.

Step 1: Creating a new user account

• Type cmd in the Search bar form the desktop.
    • Now, Right-click on cmd.exe from the result and select Run As Administrator.
    • User Account Control or UAC dialog box will appear, click on Yes.
    • Type net user username password /add

[Replace ‘username’ and ‘password’ with your desired username and password]

Step 2. Copying old files to newly created User Profile

• Go to C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-
    • Copy all files except three files:

• NtUser.dat

• NtUser.ini

• NtUser.log
    3. Go to C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-

4. Paste all those copied files here.

I tried to create a new user account as in Step 1, but when I put in the command as written above, I kept getting messages about correct syntax for the command. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't work. I
    then tried to set up a new account using the Settings/Accounts/"Add someone else to this PC" menu. I set up the account, but no folder was created under C:\Users\. I tried adding a folder using the new accounts user name and transferred the files from the
    other account. When I tried to log in, I received the same error message. I am at a loss as to how to get back the user account with the correct username, email address, and password. HELP!!!

LouisHafken, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.

1. Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines. - Similar Threads - Why does user

2. Why do I have two users in Users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  3. Why do I have two users in Users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  4. User login screwed up - wrong email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User login screwed up - wrong email address: Hi.I'm going round in circles, hopefully someone can help.My daughter logged onto her grandmother's Win10 laptop via grandmother's user ID. She opened PowerPoint, but signed in using her own outlook address. Now, grandmother's user ID displays my daughter's email address and...
  5. Cannot change email address for user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change email address for user account: The email address no longer exists and it needs to be updated to new email address. The Manage option does not allow to change the email address associated with this user account. Someone with an authoritative solution Microsoft?, PLEASE. Why is something so simple...
  6. File transfer from user A to user B without user B's permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer from user A to user B without user B's permission.: How do I transfer a text document from User A to User B without his permission? Methods I saw had to have user B's permission and another method gave me a prompt saying that user b's files will be deleted and I don't want that. I simply need to add/move/copy a txt file....
  7. Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.

in Browsers and Email
    Why does user B have user A's email address and subject lines.: I have two users. User A is my account. It is an administrator account and I login to User A for every thing I do on my computer. User B is an user account that I use. I don't use it for much of any thing. Today, I was looking at the file directories for user B. explorer to...
  8. Fetching the user's email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fetching the user's email address: I found out that using the stored email used to sign in with Windows, Microsoft Live, Skype is the best way to determine (in all probability) the active email address of the user. Windows stores used email accounts used as "Live ID" in the "UserExtendedProperties" key in...
  9. Finder the user's email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finder the user's email address: I found out that using the stored email used to sign in with Windows, Microsoft Live, Skype is the best way to determine (in all probability) the active email address of the user. Windows stores used email accounts used as "Live ID" in the "UserExtendedProperties" key in...
  10. different user accounts, only one email address?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    different user accounts, only one email address?: Hi I've got two computers running windows 7. Both have an administrator account and a standard user account. The computer I use for gaming has a third account for gaming (I have some older games that don't like the aero-peak feature so the gaming account uses a plain...