Windows 10: Why does whenever I close an app there are still processes related to it?

Discus and support Why does whenever I close an app there are still processes related to it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello fellow community, I have a question about the processes that windows 10 has. Whenever I close an app, shouldn't it close ALL processes that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ricky__H, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Ricky__H Win User

Why does whenever I close an app there are still processes related to it?

Hello fellow community, I have a question about the processes that windows 10 has. Whenever I close an app, shouldn't it close ALL processes that are related to the app. Because whenever I close Microsoft edge, there are still processes that are running that are considered as MS edge. See the link for the picture https://imgur.com/a/jvKQZwv. I like to keep my processes low, because I want my pc to run quickly. Also, if this helps, I am on Windows 10 20H2 19042.844.

:)

Ricky__H, Mar 7, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 7, 2021
  4. bbinnard Win User

How to close Skype

Got it! Thanks Bill - turns out nothing worked other than deleting and re-installing. I used Advanced Uninstaller Pro to delete it; I've used this software for a couple of years now with good success. It deletes things with a 3-step process: (1) run the app's normal delete routine, (2) scan for any registry entries related to the app, list them, and let you delete any/all/none, (3) scan for any disk files related to the app, list them, and let you delete any/all/none of them.

I deleted everything associated with Skype and then did the normal download and install. After that it ended OK. I do not recall any problems or strangeness I had with the original install, but who knows - stranger things have happened.

Thanks again - I guess I should have thought of that myself. Maybe I really am getting old.

bbinnard, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does whenever I close an app there are still processes related to it? - Similar Threads - Why does whenever

2. Process related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process related: Can anybody tell me that recently host process for windows service pop up and ask me for yes or no administrative permission is it genuine in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/process-related/1796f404-6580-43ea-8527-94a74c1b3e58
  3. Process related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Process related: Can anybody tell me that recently host process for windows service pop up and ask me for yes or no administrative permission is it genuine in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/process-related/1796f404-6580-43ea-8527-94a74c1b3e58
  4. why does app still appear when i deleted it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does app still appear when i deleted it?: I had previously downloaded a screen recording app, later i decided that i didnt need it and i uninstalled it. The problem comes after this, every time i start my pc, the app automatically opens as a default app even though i already unintalled it. i went to check the...
  5. why does app still appear when i deleted it?

why does app still appear when i deleted it?: I had previously downloaded a screen recording app, later i decided that i didnt need it and i uninstalled it. The problem comes after this, every time i start my pc, the app automatically opens as a default app even though i already unintalled it. i went to check the...
  6. Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps: CMD keeps poping up and going Task Termanated With Id Of: ###### and closing my web browser and other apps. i have tried doing CTRL + C but it just pops up again....
  7. Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps

Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps: CMD keeps poping up and going Task Termanated With Id Of: ###### and closing my web browser and other apps. i have tried doing CTRL + C but it just pops up again....
  8. Why does CMD.exe open whenever I log-on?

Why does CMD.exe open whenever I log-on?: After re-installing windows 11, I updated my system to the latest updates using the Windows Updater. After rebooting my system to install the updates, when I logged on CMD.exe in administrator mode with blank text opens and quickly closes in like 0.5 seconds. I used malware...
  9. Why does the Start Screen appear whenever an app is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does the Start Screen appear whenever an app is closed: I am trying to set up a surface Pro 4 for my wife. I have Windows 10 on my desktop but the start screen only appears when I click on the "start" button. The same thing happens whether I am in the tab mode are not. 151071
  10. Close process when a separate process closes

Close process when a separate process closes: So I use task scheduler to run a specific file (c:\Newfile.exe) when a specific program is being started (c:\Program.exe). I'd like to know how I can close "Newfile.exe" when "Program.exe" closes. I know this can't be done with task scheduler, does anyone know of a way to...