Windows 10: Why does Win 10 keep changing files?

Discus and support Why does Win 10 keep changing files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It appears that Win 10 changes things to the way it thinks you should have them. Internet history gone, excel files to older copies, or just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HaroldParks, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Why does Win 10 keep changing files?

It appears that Win 10 changes things to the way it thinks you should have them. Internet history gone, excel files to older copies, or just disappearing files in the middle of working on them, and moving email files sometimes to "draft" while you are typing or just "disappearing" them. This sucks!

Why does Microsoft keep changing the names or titles of things I have been using since CPM went out of business?

Is there any way to recover the files I was working on? Document Recovery doesn't work of course.

:)

HaroldParks, Feb 6, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Why does Win 10 keep changing files?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Why does Win 10 keep changing files?

1. Why does Win 10 keep changing files? - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows keep on changing versions?: Can it simply just apply upgrades to the existing version?It's so frustrating that new versions come up and when you're not updated, then you're left behind. But isn't the mantra 'no one should be left behind' hold true here?And many times the new version is worse off!...
  3. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows keep on changing versions?: Can it simply just apply upgrades to the existing version?It's so frustrating that new versions come up and when you're not updated, then you're left behind. But isn't the mantra 'no one should be left behind' hold true here?And many times the new version is worse off!...
  4. Why does my wallpaper keep changing?

Why does my wallpaper keep changing?: I updated my computer the other day, and now my wallpaper keeps changing? It's not on slideshow, and it's not on Windows spotlight either. I updated it because the computer itself wasn't working very well- I draw on it using a tablet and it wasn't recognising the tablet. I...
  5. Why does my wallpaper keep changing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wallpaper keep changing?: I updated my computer the other day, and now my wallpaper keeps changing? It's not on slideshow, and it's not on Windows spotlight either. I updated it because the computer itself wasn't working very well- I draw on it using a tablet and it wasn't recognising the tablet. I...
  6. Why does Windows 10 keep changing my PDF file association to Edge????

Why does Windows 10 keep changing my PDF file association to Edge????: Really annoying that for some reason Windows 10 keeps changing my PDF file association from Acrobat to Edge. I have tried so many times to try to prevent this behaviour with no luck. I have tried to disable everything I can think of related to Edge, but I can't uninstall...
  7. Why does Windows 10 keep changing my PDF file association to Edge????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 keep changing my PDF file association to Edge????: Really annoying that for some reason Windows 10 keeps changing my PDF file association from Acrobat to Edge. I have tried so many times to try to prevent this behaviour with no luck. I have tried to disable everything I can think of related to Edge, but I can't uninstall...
  8. Why does an IP address keep changing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does an IP address keep changing?: My printer IP address keeps changing. See attachment. The Port name is always 192.168.1.6 but the Printer IP keeps changing from .6 to .7 and I have to frequently reconfigure the port. Can I stop this from happening? 152517
  9. Why does Win 10 keep crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Win 10 keep crashing: Installed Win 10 Pro on a Dell Latitude and the thing keeps crashing along with Firefox. I can't believe how unreliable this POS OS is. Is there a fix for this somewhere? Thanks. 152094
  10. Why does Win 10 keep switching my monitors?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does Win 10 keep switching my monitors?: I have a Dell Latitude from work. Before it was an 5560. I have two HD monitors plugged into the docking station. I have a docking station at both home and work. For a while, it would switch my monitors at both locations and always display the main screen in the right-hand...