Windows 10: Why does win 10 shows two networks?

Discus and support Why does win 10 shows two networks? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I mouse of over the network icon it shows two networks! How do I remove the bad network?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tmw777, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Tmw777 Win User

Why does win 10 shows two networks?

When I mouse of over the network icon it shows two networks! How do I remove the bad network?

:)

Tmw777, Jun 30, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Jun 30, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Why does win 10 shows two networks?

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Why does win 10 shows two networks?

1. Why does win 10 shows two networks? - Similar Threads - Why does shows

2. Why Do I Have Two Networks Showing In Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Do I Have Two Networks Showing In Resource Monitor: I would like to know why I'm hardwired connected and there is little activity on this Ethernet,yet most of the activity is in on the Network. Since, I am looking for a hidden user/hacker I'm wondering if this is them. I already have there volume numbers of there disk but I'm...
  3. Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives?

Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives?: Win Explorer shows my network as < empty > on one of my PC's A little background info. I have 2 PC's and 2 laptops connected on my home network, all running Win 10 and up until a few weeks ago, everything worked fine. Have not added any new software or changed any settings...
  4. The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network

The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network: In my private home workgroup, I have three Win 10 computers: two desktops and one laptop. From my desktop, I can see my laptop and my wife's desktop computer, but my desktop does not show up in the network folder or on the file explorer...
  5. Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network

Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network: After some searching on the net I have my old PC able to access my new PC. However I cannot access my old PC from my new PC. Any suggestions will be welcome...
  6. Why does Win 10 keep crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Win 10 keep crashing: Installed Win 10 Pro on a Dell Latitude and the thing keeps crashing along with Firefox. I can't believe how unreliable this POS OS is. Is there a fix for this somewhere? Thanks. 152094
  7. Win 10 Network does not show private networked Win 7 computer

Win 10 Network does not show private networked Win 7 computer: I had two Win 7 PC on a wired homegroup network that worked well sharing files. Upgraded one to Win 10 with a clean install and then restored data and reinstalled apps. After much messing around, the PC remaining on Win 7 can see the Win 10 PC and share the proper files and...
  8. Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results

Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results: I have two machines running Windows 10 1903 connected via Ethenet to the same Ehtenet switch. Until recenlty, running a network speed test on both machines would yield essentially the same results as long as the same server was being used. It didn't matter what speed test...
  9. HELP: My WiFi network does not show on win 10

HELP: My WiFi network does not show on win 10: hello guys, so recently I have noticed that one of my wifi networks does not show on my network list for some reason. to illustrate, I have 2 wifi networks at home and 2 weeks ago I had no problem connecting to any of them, but only one of my networks is showing and the...
  10. Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives

Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives: Win Explorer shows my network as < empty > on one of my PC's A little background info. I have 2 PC's and 2 laptops connected on my home network, all running Win 10 and up until a few weeks ago, everything worked fine. Have not added any new software or changed any settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shows only some networks

2. win-10-explorer-not-showing-network-drives

3. windows 10 two networks