Windows 10: Why does Win10 22H2 ISO not fit on a DVD?

Discus and support Why does Win10 22H2 ISO not fit on a DVD? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has happened a few times before, where their DVD image is sliiiightly too large to fit on a DVD. So, media creation tool will download it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dougolicious, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Why does Win10 22H2 ISO not fit on a DVD?

This has happened a few times before, where their DVD image is sliiiightly too large to fit on a DVD. So, media creation tool will download it and attempt to burn the DVD but then fail.

If it's a requirement that it fit on a DVD, do they not test it to make sure it fits?

I greatly prefer using DVDs for installation because of how different computers handle booting of USB flash drives (it's a pain compared to DVD).

submitted by /u/Dougolicious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dougolicious, Nov 15, 2022
  2. tmack1 Win User

windows 10 preview 14986 iso will not fit on a dvd

tmack1, Nov 15, 2022
  3. Need ISO maker

I tried imgburn followed step by step and it sucks ...burned an image supposed to be ISO endend up in UDF ..not auto executable and scraped a dvd for it. Gonna try alcohol thx

MohawkAngel, Nov 15, 2022
  4. Why does Win10 22H2 ISO not fit on a DVD?

I have downloaded 14986 insider preview build the size of the build is 4.8 GB and not fitting on DVD. How to create bootable USB from ISO.

Narasimha MurthyKasibhotla, Nov 15, 2022
Thema:

Why does Win10 22H2 ISO not fit on a DVD?

1. Why does Win10 22H2 ISO not fit on a DVD? - Similar Threads - Why does Win10

2. anyone know how to get an iso of 10 that fits on a DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    anyone know how to get an iso of 10 that fits on a DVD: I just tried the media creation tool and it makes a file of 8gb... I want a 32 bit win 10 pro or home that will fit on usb. I have an old Emachines PC that can not boot a usb drive, all it can boot is sata, ide, or cdrom -dvd drives I have an 1809 version 64 bit on a DVD,...
  3. Windows 10 October Update ISO Doesn't Fit on Standard DVD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 October Update ISO Doesn't Fit on Standard DVD: Hello, everyone. I'm running Windows 10 Professional. This morning, I updated my system to the October Update. No problems or issues. But I always like to make a copy of bootable media for updates, just in case. I typically prefer to install Windows 10 updates on a clean PC....
  4. Burning ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning ISO to DVD: I want to burn the Windows 10 1903 ISO to my DVD. Problem is the DVD capacity is just shy of what I need. The ISO is 5.59 GB and the DVD is 4.37 GB. Any ideas, James...
  5. win10 iso

win10 iso: brand new to computers so when i was tryinng to make room for update i erased all and i mean all files on labtop...now unfortunately nothin works....i cant access settings i cant access nothing cant download from internet explorer have no user accounts...i keep coming across...
  6. Mount DVD ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount DVD ISO: Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to...
  7. Win10 on DVD

Win10 on DVD: A local computer store is advertising Windows 10 System Builder on DVD for sale. Question is has MS released the full version to DVD? Harold 11926
  8. burning an ISO DVD

burning an ISO DVD: I burned one with Windows 7 and noticed it seemed to burn at full speed. Is it worth using a program like imgburn which allows you to select slower burn speeds, perhaps resulting in fewer installation problems? 6448
  9. How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD?

How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD?: How do I extract an edition from an ISO so that it will fit on a DVD? 93625
  10. Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?: I did that with 8.1 pro and successfully restored a broken install, booted dvd and repaired the pc. Then I upgraded to windows 10 using the media tool and it is working fine. But I do not have an iso of win10 burnt to a dvd. Will I need a win10 dvd? Should I do this...