Windows 10: Why does Win10 constantly corrupt my drivers?

Discus and support Why does Win10 constantly corrupt my drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since about a month I own a new Surface 4 Pro produced by? ahm - ah - yes - Microsoft! Now - wouldn't one expect that MS' newest Windows 10 would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mmo, Aug 10, 2016.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Why does Win10 constantly corrupt my drivers?

Since about a month I own a new Surface 4 Pro produced by? ahm - ah - yes - Microsoft!
    Now - wouldn't one expect that MS' newest Windows 10 would runs smoothly and flawless on MS' flagship devices?
    No-No! Not so!

I have constant hassles with the features of this device!
    Once the mouse input is suddenly gone, another time touch does hot react any more. Frequently there is no Bluetooth anymore. Just minutes ago I had the effect, that the screen rotation feature had "disappeared" again.
    And by a feature "gone" or "disappeared" I mean not only that it does not work any more, but also all related settings in "All setting" are suddenly gone too! Just as if I had just uninstalled the corresponding device-driver in device manager.
    Usually the affected device "reappears" after a reboot but occasionally it just remains "lost in action".

It has become a habit by now, that I need to reinstall the SP4 driver suite about once a week to get back all the built-in functionality of the device actually working! This is so utterly ridiculous! And there are tons of similar reports in misc. fora and news groups!

MS! Get your act together and get this annoyance fixed! These Surface 4 Pro devices are such an engineering marvel! They really don't deserve to be bogged down by such unbelievably stupid and infuriating bugs! We don't need any new features until these issues are resolved!

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

why does win10 constantly stall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when try to sign in to online?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Which web browser are you using?
    I suggest you to install the Game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 10, 2016
  3. why does win10 constantly stall

Why does win10 constantly stall? I really wanted to keep. win xp as it always worked.I cant play age of empires at all. I had win7 on this computer but after a security update it stopped working.so I tried win10 this is a crumby OS. Old games dont work
    and cant sign in to the online stuff either Why would I buy newer games if the test versions don't work?

cddoesntlike, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Why does Win10 constantly corrupt my drivers?

Well Bro Welcome to windows 10.. *chuckle
    This is what happens when an Operating system tries to become owner of the computer.. Microsoft may learn quickly and will change auto updates for drivers and windows in future..

But for now. Go to control panel >> System >> Advance system settinsg >> Hardware >> Device installation settings and ..
    DO NOT CHECK FOR WINDOWS UPDATES.

Now updates all the drivers as you want.

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why does Win10 constantly corrupt my drivers?

1. Why does Win10 constantly corrupt my drivers? - Similar Threads - Why does Win10

2. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues: for some reason my laptop constantly just randomly stop wanting to connect to the wifi to the point where the option to access the wifi completely goes M.I.A sometimes it fixes itself and other times I’ll have to do 80 back flips and restarts or shut it down and hope it works...
  3. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues: for some reason my laptop constantly just randomly stop wanting to connect to the wifi to the point where the option to access the wifi completely goes M.I.A sometimes it fixes itself and other times I’ll have to do 80 back flips and restarts or shut it down and hope it works...
  4. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?: Command Run As Administrator & using Windows PowerShell as admin and having Ran SFC /scannow, all 3 DISM command lines 3 times, then SFC /scannow again, also chkdsk C: /f /r /x, Windows Memory Diagnostic and Microsoft Safety Scanner....DISM still results with Error: 1392 -...
  6. Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?: Command Run As Administrator & using Windows PowerShell as admin and having Ran SFC /scannow, all 3 DISM command lines 3 times, then SFC /scannow again, also chkdsk C: /f /r /x, Windows Memory Diagnostic and Microsoft Safety Scanner....DISM still results with Error: 1392 -...
  7. Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Why does win10 not load the lgwebos software and constantly crash the gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does win10 not load the lgwebos software and constantly crash the gpu: Why does win10 not load the LG WebOS software and constantly crash the GPUSo fir first issue was on an Nvidia gtx960 with 4 GB VRAM having the issue, now have the same issue with the rx580 with 8GB VRAM Tv Lgnano85una 65" connected by HDMI and why does win10 keep resetting...
  9. Why does my PC constantly turns off and on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my PC constantly turns off and on?: When I click the power button it boots up then after sometime it shuts down, boots up again and does the same thing for 5+ more times then shuts down but it can charge my phone, it can light up a lamp using the usb ports, my speaker indicates that the speaker is on but the...
  10. Why does Win10 not recognize2 of my disk drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Win10 not recognize2 of my disk drives?: My system has 4 disk drives: 128GB SSD boot drive, 500 GB HDD data drive, 1 TB HDD data drive, and a 64GB SSD work/temp drive. This is how it looks in Win7: [img] X: is the SSD where I have placed My Documents and Temp files. To boot Wini10 I replaced my C: drive...