Windows 10: Why does Win10 force me into Dark Mode?

Discus and support Why does Win10 force me into Dark Mode? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I know that Dark Mode is better for my eyes, but I have a hard time reading white text on black backgrounds. I also like the dark task bar. So I set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BenOSE, Jan 4, 2021.

1. BenOSE Win User

Why does Win10 force me into Dark Mode?

So I know that Dark Mode is better for my eyes, but I have a hard time reading white text on black backgrounds. I also like the dark task bar. So I set my color settings Settings > Personalization > Colors to "Custom" - "Dark" for default Windows, and "Light" for default app. This works great until the evening time, when Windows suddenly decides that Dark Mode is The Way and switches my settings from "Custom" to "Dark" for everything.

I haven't been good about tracking at what time this happens, but it's safely in the evening around when it gets dark, and it seemingly happens every day. I can change it by going into the settings and switching back to "Custom", but frankly it's pretty annoying that Windows does this.

I don't have Night Light enabled I use f.lux instead.

I have Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, build 19042.685, and Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0.

If there's a setting I'm missing, or some way to fix this registry, batch file, etc., I'm all ears. I've tried adjusting a registry entry that was suggested elsewhere can't find the link anymore, sadly, but it was overwritten upon restart and didn't do anything.

Thanks!

Ben

:)

BenOSE, Jan 4, 2021
  2. TechyMore Win User

iTunes Dark Mode: How to Enable and Use it?

macOS Mojave has a dark mode feature that is attracted by many people. So, Windows 10 lovers or users also want to enjoy this feature on their PC or laptop but many people don’t know how to enable dark
    mode in Windows 10. For that, you have to follow the instructions below.

• First of all, you have to search for the “Settings” in the search bar of your PC.
    • Now, when you get the setting window then you have to click on the personalization option.

Why does Win10 force me into Dark Mode? 567986b8-ea1e-4851-a1f5-ebe2bb407ddb?upload=true.png

• In the next step, you have to click on the Colors option which you can get on the left side.

Why does Win10 force me into Dark Mode? 0ac2117c-7f5e-4dc8-9e5d-3f7f38f8ad80?upload=true.png

• After that, when the colors option will open on your screen then you only have to scroll down and click on the Dark mode.
    For More Steps And Full Way Check Out Below url It 100% Helpful For Community. Thanks Have A Good Day.

Source: https://.com/itunes-dark-mode/

TechyMore, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Dark mode

Because of low vision I have to use Dark Mode to view all text. White text on a

black background is the only format I can use on my PC, iPhone & iPad. Currently

I am using a Windows 7 desktop in High Contrast Black. This lets me view emails, Word docs

and Excel in “Dark Mode”. However, to print a normal (black text on white) page I

have to change to High Contrast White.

From my IOS 13.6 iPhone/iPad’s Dark Mode I can print a normal page without

leaving Dark Mode. I want to change to a Windows 10 desktop with the same Dark

Mode print capabilities as I have on my iPhoe/iPad. Unfortunately, many Apps are

not Dark Mode friendly forcing frequent toggles to “Invert Colors” If Word/Excel are

not Built-in Windows 10 Apps will I have the same Dark Mode print issues I have in

Windows 7? Thanks.

IrinaMac&, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Google Calendar and Keep will now support Dark mode on Android

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Dark mode available for Calendar and Keep on Android

Brink, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does Win10 force me into Dark Mode? - Similar Threads - Why does Win10

2. Why Windows no longer let's me switch to dark mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows no longer let's me switch to dark mode?: I just got a new PC and did a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro and now Windows no longer let's me switch to dark mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-no-longer-lets-me-switch-to-dark-mode/8815eeae-f56f-4415-b000-c91c51acbf95
  3. Why Windows no longer let's me switch to dark mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows no longer let's me switch to dark mode?: I just got a new PC and did a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro and now Windows no longer let's me switch to dark mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-no-longer-lets-me-switch-to-dark-mode/8815eeae-f56f-4415-b000-c91c51acbf95
  4. Dark mode forced on browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode forced on browser?: Hi! I'm having an issue with using Win10 dark mode with my Google Chrome. I've already verified that Chrome is not the issue.While Windows dark mode is enabled, it affects the browser. It turns white bg to black on certain websites, it makes all input fields checkboxes, log...
  5. Dark mode forced on browser?

Dark mode forced on browser?: Hi! I'm having an issue with using Win10 dark mode with my Google Chrome. I've already verified that Chrome is not the issue.While Windows dark mode is enabled, it affects the browser. It turns white bg to black on certain websites, it makes all input fields checkboxes, log...
  6. Dark mode forced on browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why does windows force me to have a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  8. Why does windows force me to have a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  9. Why does windows force me to have a password

10. screensaver forced on me WHY ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    screensaver forced on me WHY ?: why why why is screensaver forced on me stop pushing my mental health if i turn it off it should stay off my pc my choice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-forced-on-me-why/1fef17f9-4509-4ac9-9a5e-ae2051641db2