Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 always sign me out of Microsoft, Google, and Slack during restart?

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 always sign me out of Microsoft, Google, and Slack during restart? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently bought a new PC a Dell Vostro with a fresh Windows install, and I have it updated to KB4576478/Version 2004. It has an odd behavior that I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gideonse, Sep 9, 2020.

1. gideonse Win User

Why does Windows 10 always sign me out of Microsoft, Google, and Slack during restart?

I recently bought a new PC a Dell Vostro with a fresh Windows install, and I have it updated to KB4576478/Version 2004. It has an odd behavior that I cannot figure out how to stop. Every time I restart the computer or it restarts itself after an update, I have to log back into everything.

I've been logged out of every Office 365, OneDrive, and Edge, and I've also been logged out of all of my Google Products File Stream, Gmail, etc. as well as my Slack desktop app. The only thing that doesn't get logged out is my VPN, which is just weird.

This didn't happen on the PC that I was using until a month ago which was updated regularly, and nor did it happen on my work PC, which my job has clamped down under all sorts of security.

I assume it was some security setting, but I can't find anything in the various forums. It might be out there, but the words to describe this behavior are very general so it's really hard to parse the search results.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

:)

gideonse, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Sep 9, 2020
  4. jimhoyle Win User

Why does Windows 10 always sign me out of Microsoft, Google, and Slack during restart?

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does Windows 10 always sign me out of Microsoft, Google, and Slack during restart? - Similar Threads - Why does always

2. Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?: When I try to sign in to my account in the Microsoft store, it says that I am not connected to the internet, when I obviously am. I cannot send feedback about this issue, because I would need to download an app from the microsoft store, which I cannot do since I cannot sign...
  3. Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?: When I try to sign in to my account in the Microsoft store, it says that I am not connected to the internet, when I obviously am. I cannot send feedback about this issue, because I would need to download an app from the microsoft store, which I cannot do since I cannot sign...
  4. Why does the Microsoft Store not allow me to Sign in?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. XBOX APP - Windows 10 - Signs in automatically, then signs me out. Then sign in option does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX APP - Windows 10 - Signs in automatically, then signs me out. Then sign in option does...: This problem has been occurring for roughly a week now. I've checked date/time settings, restore/reset of app. Ensures that correct accounts are logged in etc, but can't seem to find what's making it automatically log out.When I log into the games it's no major issue as I can...
  6. XBOX APP - Windows 10 - Signs in automatically, then signs me out. Then sign in option does...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX APP - Windows 10 - Signs in automatically, then signs me out. Then sign in option does...: This problem has been occurring for roughly a week now. I've checked date/time settings, restore/reset of app. Ensures that correct accounts are logged in etc, but can't seem to find what's making it automatically log out.When I log into the games it's no major issue as I can...
  7. Windows 10 Signs me out then restarts my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Signs me out then restarts my computer: Sometimes I will get a popup that says "Windows will Sign you out in less than a minute" but then it restarts my whole laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-signs-me-out-then-restarts-my-computer/1a055248-ed8d-4aa4-958c-b27fa4ec9e16
  8. Why does Windows 10/google always ask me to verify my account every time?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does Windows 10/google always ask me to verify my account every time?: Hi everyone out there or in there quarantining. Every single time I try to open Google or Gmail I get asked for security information. I am really tired of having to make sure my phone is on and having to enter the security code for the phone every single time I try to open...
  9. Restarting and signing out does not get me out of this temporary profile. What's the best...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting and signing out does not get me out of this temporary profile. What's the best...: A link to a resource or an explanation in the replies would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/PMmeyournicepiano [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7dai9/restarting_and_signing_out_does_not_get_me_out_of/
  10. Xbox App on PC always signs me out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox App on PC always signs me out: Anyone else have the problem where anytime you click anything on the xbox app it instanly signs you out? Tried everything I could short of a full windows reinstall. Windows 10...