Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 have so many garbage apps that eat up CPU/ power/ memory and you can't...

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 have so many garbage apps that eat up CPU/ power/ memory and you can't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Antimalware Service Executable: 172.4 mb of memory Microsoft Office SDX Helper: high power usage SQL Server Windows NT -390 MB of memory, high power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/poincare13, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Why does Windows 10 have so many garbage apps that eat up CPU/ power/ memory and you can't...

Antimalware Service Executable: 172.4 mb of memory

Microsoft Office SDX Helper: high power usage

SQL Server Windows NT -390 MB of memory, high power usage

Absolutely garbage o.s and I cannot find any permanent solutions to turn these off, they always come back whether you rename them or do registry work.

submitted by /u/poincare13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/poincare13, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Imakuni Win User

System and compressed memory eating CPU cycles

As the title says, there is this thing called "System and compressed memory" which is just eating my CPU alive. It usually stays at around 5~6%, then alt-tab and it goes to 10~15%, and just goes bouncing all over the place (and it seems that using the computer
    just makes it worse).

So I have 2 questions:

• What is it ACTUALLY doing to require so much processing power?
    • How do I get rid of it for good? Task manager told me the "ntoskrnl" file is the orign of the process, and I'm almost to the point og deleting it to see if solves the issue, regardless of it breaking my OS....
    I've already tried a few solutions online, such as disabling the page file or "updating drivers" to no success.....

Imakuni, Mar 14, 2021
  3. "System and compressed memory" eating my cpu and ram !

Hello everybody

I have Asus G75vx and win10 . I noticed that "System and compressed memory" is eating my cpu and ram. i searched in the forum with the similar subject and some of them suggested to disable hibernation . nut for me is always disable and i never use hibernation.

is there any solution for this disaster problem ?

thank you

MahdiMohammadnezhad, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Why does Windows 10 have so many garbage apps that eat up CPU/ power/ memory and you can't...

System and compressed memory eating CPU cycles

Hi Imakuni,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU usage by System and compressed memory process. We will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform that Ntoskrnl.exe
    is a critical process in the boot-up cycle of your computer.

This issue might have occurred due to malware infection/ outdated drivers/
    Runtime Broker. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run a virus scan on your device and check if it helps.

Refer: Security & privacy
    (
    Run Windows Defender scan)

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Step 2: Turn off the "Show me tips about Windows"

Please do the below steps to do the same.

• Press Start button, click on Settings.
    • In the Settings, select the System>Notifications and actions> turn off the "Show me tips about Windows".
    • Restart the computer.

Step 3: Also, try to install the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Why does Windows 10 have so many garbage apps that eat up CPU/ power/ memory and you can't...

1. Why does Windows 10 have so many garbage apps that eat up CPU/ power/ memory and you can't... - Similar Threads - Why does many

2. Delivery optimization is eating up memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery optimization is eating up memory: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎21/‎09/‎2022 OS build 22621.1413 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable Device ID...
  3. WHY DOES WIN11 HAVE SO MANY BROKEN FUNCTIONS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY DOES WIN11 HAVE SO MANY BROKEN FUNCTIONS?: WIN11 has drive issues: it drops drives; it cannot see drives even as I navigate them in another window; in goes into some kind of infinite loop read process when some drives are attached, where that 'some drive' can change from day to day. And of course iPhones used to...
  4. WHY DOES WIN11 HAVE SO MANY BROKEN FUNCTIONS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY DOES WIN11 HAVE SO MANY BROKEN FUNCTIONS?: WIN11 has drive issues: it drops drives; it cannot see drives even as I navigate them in another window; in goes into some kind of infinite loop read process when some drives are attached, where that 'some drive' can change from day to day. And of course iPhones used to...
  5. Why does word scrabble have so many errors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does word scrabble have so many errors?: It freezes up at times and it says a word is invalid when it is not, It seems you could update the dictionary and fix its errors. I attached this screenshot,[IMG]...
  6. muiltiple instance of explorer running that eats up CPU and Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    muiltiple instance of explorer running that eats up CPU and Memory: This is pretty easy to duplicate I am an admin on my machine UAC is off I have Notepad++ open in admin mode (this happens in any program in admin mode) Clicking on open containing folder in explorer creates another instance of explorer.exe and a directory window Any...
  7. How many options does CPU power options have?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How many options does CPU power options have?: You know like the the Maximum Processor State. Etc How many total are there? 143338
  8. How many options does CPU power options have?

in Windows 10 Support
    How many options does CPU power options have?: You know like the the Maximum Processor State. Etc How many total are there? 143338
  9. Why is Windows 10 so effin Garbage?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Windows 10 so effin Garbage?: It's the biggest piece of steaming ****! Everything you ever need to do is so bad. Nothing is intuitive. Nothing ever works. You always need to watch videos, buy new software, read user guides and spend hours just to do simple things. it's so damn slow 1) Just sharing...
  10. SVCHOST eating up memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SVCHOST eating up memory: What services of svchost should I disable? I think it's eating up my memory. I think if the computer has 2GB RAM, it should have only like 30-40% usage but I have 63% [img] [img] 31580