Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it?

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I was wondering why my windows 10 laptop plays the windows 7 startup sound rather than the actual windows 10 startup sound. And how can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by iBlazeCat, Dec 8, 2018.

1. iBlazeCat Win User

Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it?

Hello!

I was wondering why my windows 10 laptop plays the windows 7 startup sound rather than the actual windows 10 startup sound. And how can i change it?

:)

iBlazeCat, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2018
  3. How to change Windows starting sound in Win7?

Right click on your desktop then from the list choose Personalise and this window should open.

Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it? 12345.jpg

If you look at the bottom of my pic you should see the windows sounds option, I have put a red circle round this in the pic.

Click on sounds and another box will load and here you should have the option to change the startup sound.

Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it? 123.jpg

You can choose you own sound by using the browse button.

You can also use the dropdown list to set a windows sound and this should not effect any other sounds as far as i remember.

animal007uk, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it?

Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

Hello Snazzy,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

In Windows , the actual startup sound is disabled by default to enhance the boot time. However, as a workaround, you can check Play Windows Startup sound on the
    Sounds tab.

Also, "Windows Logon" sound entry in the Sounds dialog is hidden by default. So the option to change the start up sound is not available in Windows 10.

I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it?

1. Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it? - Similar Threads - Why does startup

2. how to change windows startup sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change windows startup sound?: i recently checked the option "play windows startup sound" in the sounds menu. so it played the win 7 startup sound in my win 10 pc. after a few days, i got bored with it and wanted to change the startup sound. i tried every possible steps without downloading any 3rd party...
  3. how to change windows startup sound?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change windows startup sound?: i recently checked the option "play windows startup sound" in the sounds menu. so it played the win 7 startup sound in my win 10 pc. after a few days, i got bored with it and wanted to change the startup sound. i tried every possible steps without downloading any 3rd party...
  4. how to change windows startup sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  6. Why does when i try to set a custom logon sound and it defaults to the windows 7 startup sound

Why does when i try to set a custom logon sound and it defaults to the windows 7 startup sound: at that time i was setting the startup sound to windows 11's one cuz for cosmetic purposesbut then it defaults back to windows 7's start up sound,i tried to do anything im confusedplease help me....
  7. How Do I Change The Startup Sound In Windows 10?

How Do I Change The Startup Sound In Windows 10?: I have enabled the startup sound and want to change it to the windows 98 startup. But when i restart the PC, it still plays the windows 7 sound instead of 98....
  8. How to change Windows 10 startup sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Windows 10 startup sound: Does anyone know how to change the startup sound of Windows 10 Family ? I changed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels\WindowsLogon to 0 so i can browse another sound into log on sound in sound config but still doesn't work submitted by /u/F1K5 [link] [comments]...
  9. How to change the Startup sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Startup sound in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 goes down arguably as the easiest to use computer operating system around. […] This article How to change the Startup sound in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?: Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that caused it to crash. Anyway, I installed Windows 7 then used the media creation tool to update to windows 10. Now, whenever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 play windows 7 startup sound