Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 keep changing it's set download path?

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 keep changing it's set download path? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I go to download a file, the default path is Downloads Folder which I change to Downloads\Photos.I DL & save the file to that sub folder, I repeat the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by J.Post, Sep 27, 2022.

1. J.Post Win User

Why does Windows 10 keep changing it's set download path?

I go to download a file, the default path is Downloads Folder which I change to Downloads\Photos.I DL & save the file to that sub folder, I repeat the process for the next 7 or so photos without resetting the path again because it remembers the last path it saved to. Until file 8 which it tries to save to the default folder, I reset the path to the sub folder again, save 4 more files to it then it changes the path to a different drive for photo 13 to a folder 6 levels down on that drive. So I reset the path again to the Photos sub folder. It will then save 16 more files before it changes t

:)

J.Post, Sep 27, 2022

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 27, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Sep 27, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Why does Windows 10 keep changing it's set download path? - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. Why does this app keep downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this app keep downloading: The Recforth App keeps installing itself to my computer and i want it to stop. I do not want this on my computer and each time i try to delete it the app reappears and it seems to have installed itself again. I do not want it and frankly would want it to stop downloading back...
  3. Why does this app keep downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does this app keep downloading: The Recforth App keeps installing itself to my computer and i want it to stop. I do not want this on my computer and each time i try to delete it the app reappears and it seems to have installed itself again. I do not want it and frankly would want it to stop downloading back...
  4. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

Why does Windows keep on changing versions?: Can it simply just apply upgrades to the existing version?It's so frustrating that new versions come up and when you're not updated, then you're left behind. But isn't the mantra 'no one should be left behind' hold true here?And many times the new version is worse off!...
  5. Why does Windows 10 keep changing it's set download path?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 keep changing it's set download path?: I go to download a file, the default path is Downloads Folder which I change to Downloads\Photos.I DL & save the file to that sub folder, I repeat the process for the next 7 or so photos without resetting the path again because it remembers the last path it saved to. Until...
  6. Why does Windows 10 keep changing it's set download path?

Why does Windows 10 keep changing it's set download path?: I go to download a file, the default path is Downloads Folder which I change to Downloads\Photos.I DL & save the file to that sub folder, I repeat the process for the next 7 or so photos without resetting the path again because it remembers the last path it saved to. Until...
  7. Why does Windows 10 keep on changing my desktop settings between devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 keep on changing my desktop settings between devices?: I own 3 PC:s that all run Windows 10 and I have different settings on all of them because I have them for different purposes. I also have a digital license for Windows 10 per device. But sometimes Windows decides to move my settings from one PC to another and for no reason...
  8. Why does Windows 10 keep on changing my desktop settings between devices?

Why does Windows 10 keep on changing my desktop settings between devices?: I own 3 PC:s that all run Windows 10 and I have different settings on all of them because I have them for different purposes. I also have a digital license for Windows 10 per device. But sometimes Windows decides to move my settings from one PC to another and for no reason...
  9. Why does Windows 10 keep on changing my desktop settings between devices?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings: I seem to locked in a deadly struggle with Windows10 over the power settings on a new PC. I do not want the screen going to sleep. I do not want the machine to hibernate. Yet, every week or so - this week now TWICE - Windows10 has reset my PC so the screen goes black after...