Windows 10: why does windows 10 keep going to light mode when I restart my pc

Discus and support why does windows 10 keep going to light mode when I restart my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know how to fix it submitted by /u/Cr1tikalMoist [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cr1tikalMoist, Dec 2, 2020.

1. why does windows 10 keep going to light mode when I restart my pc

/u/Cr1tikalMoist, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 2, 2020
  4. why does windows 10 keep going to light mode when I restart my pc

PC windows 10 keeps restarting

Hello Cynthia,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the PCs you are using?
    • Did you make any changes to the PC prior to the issue?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode with networking, and check if the issue still persists. This is a diagnostic step towards identifying and isolating the possible cause/s of the issue.

Safe Mode With Networking:

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

Refer: Start your PC in safe
    mode in Windows 10

Refer to the section From the Sign-in screen

If you are able to start the PC normally this time. Use the following steps to disable automatic restart in Windows on system failure.

• At "Start" -> "This PC" --> right click on "Properties", and then tap "Advanced system settings".
    • In Advanced, click on "Settings" for Startup and Recovery.
    • In the Startup and Recovery window, uncheck the Automatically restart check box.
    • Click OK.

• Now if the computer generates an error, it should not automatically restart

Once this is done, reboot the computer in normal mode and check.

Let us know the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

why does windows 10 keep going to light mode when I restart my pc

1. why does windows 10 keep going to light mode when I restart my pc - Similar Threads - why does keep

2. Why my pc keeps randomly going into sleep mode when i use a usb keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my pc keeps randomly going into sleep mode when i use a usb keyboard?: Hey! thanks for checking.I'm kinda new to this community, but i've been using microsoft since 4 years.So I just got a new pc and everything working fine except when I plug in the keyboard usb, it keeps randomly goes to sleep mode, sometimes it open an app like groove music or...
  3. Why my pc keeps randomly going into sleep mode when i use a usb keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my pc keeps randomly going into sleep mode when i use a usb keyboard?: Hey! thanks for checking.I'm kinda new to this community, but i've been using microsoft since 4 years.So I just got a new pc and everything working fine except when I plug in the keyboard usb, it keeps randomly goes to sleep mode, sometimes it open an app like groove music or...
  4. Why my pc keeps randomly going into sleep mode when i use a usb keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does my Windows 11 does not go to the sleep mode when I close the lid, despite the...

Why does my Windows 11 does not go to the sleep mode when I close the lid, despite the...: Hello,I've just bought a new laptop and thus switched from good old Windows 10 to not-so-good Windows 11. For some reason the sleep mode doesn't activate when I close the lid. The thing is, I've searched this forum and I've done all the things suggested - I opened the control...
  6. Why does my laptop keep restarting when I turn on a VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop keep restarting when I turn on a VPN?: I am trying to use my laptop while the VPN is active but it keeps restarting every time I do. An error message pops up; then it just restarts. I cannot complete my university work on my laptop due to this error. The VPN allows me to access certain files. Help me fix this....
  7. Why does my laptop keep restarting when I turn on a VPN?

Why does my laptop keep restarting when I turn on a VPN?: I am trying to use my laptop while the VPN is active but it keeps restarting every time I do. An error message pops up; then it just restarts. I cannot complete my university work on my laptop due to this error. The VPN allows me to access certain files. Help me fix this....
  8. Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?: and how do i fix this? was not happening a month ago but is happening every time i launch now without fail. i think it may have started happening the same time i installed wallpaper engine. submitted by /u/BrutalTato [link] [comments]...
  9. Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does default app mode switch to Light theme every time I restart my PC?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Curious-Cat-2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2dxtd/why_does_default_app_mode_switch_to_light_theme/
  10. Why does my pc always crash when I restart?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my pc always crash when I restart?: When I want to restart my pc, it takes a very long amount of time before (around 4 minutes or so) and then my pc just goes into a BSOD and then it just loads back up as usual but when I restart it again it does the exact same thing, but when I looked up a tutorial on how to...