Windows 10: Why does windows 10 not change the system locale even when i have done it correctly?

Discus and support Why does windows 10 not change the system locale even when i have done it correctly? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have attempted to change my system locale from english to japanese in order to install a japanese game and its required files. I followed all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vladimir Kim 123, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Why does windows 10 not change the system locale even when i have done it correctly?

I have attempted to change my system locale from english to japanese in order to install a japanese game and its required files. I followed all the instructions, went to the time and language tab and the clicked additional date time and regional formatting afterwards i have went the administrative tab and "changed" my system locale to japanese(japan). I have restarted my computer multiple times even changed my display and input languages to japanese and yet it was still not working properly. I have done this before on my laptop several months ago and it worked perfectly fine, now after attempting everything i cant do this on my desktop. I know the game/file isnt faulty because if downloaded properly it should display everything in japanese and now it was spewing out just random symbols. I have redownloaded this game/file on my laptop with the same link and it was working perfectly fine.

:)

Vladimir Kim 123, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Issue with changing system locale...

Hello Andrew,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you further from here

I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us with the updated status for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Why does windows 10 not change the system locale even when i have done it correctly?

How Do I Change My System Locale?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would require some more information to assist you better.

• What was the base language of the previous operating system?
    Since you had kept the system locale as English before the upgrade you might now not be able to change the locale now in Windows 10. You have to install Japanese language pack and then you would be able to change the system locale.

I would suggest you to refer to the article provided by Andre De costa:

Automatic Language change when upgrading to windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Why does windows 10 not change the system locale even when i have done it correctly?

1. Why does windows 10 not change the system locale even when i have done it correctly? - Similar Threads - Why does change

2. Why does child account have to be local and how does it even work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why does child account have to be local and how does it even work: What I am asked to do does not make sense, so wanted to understand it a bit better before doing anything risky...Child has Windows 10 laptop account linked to Microsoft *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The account is "Standard User" rather than "Admin" as...
  3. Why does child account have to be local and how does it even work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does child account have to be local and how does it even work: What I am asked to do does not make sense, so wanted to understand it a bit better before doing anything risky...Child has Windows 10 laptop account linked to Microsoft *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The account is "Standard User" rather than "Admin" as...
  4. Why does child account have to be local and how does it even work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 system does not grant access even when correct credentials are supplied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system does not grant access even when correct credentials are supplied: I have a Win 10 system and am trying to connect it to my new Win 11 laptop. The Winn 11 box can see the Win 10 box, and can gain access to all appropriate shares. Jolly Good!The Win 10 box can see the Win 11 system, but EVEN WHEN I CHANGE THE CREDENTIALS ON BOTH SYSTEMS AND...
  6. Windows 11 system does not grant access even when correct credentials are supplied

Windows 11 system does not grant access even when correct credentials are supplied: I have a Win 10 system and am trying to connect it to my new Win 11 laptop. The Winn 11 box can see the Win 10 box, and can gain access to all appropriate shares. Jolly Good!The Win 10 box can see the Win 11 system, but EVEN WHEN I CHANGE THE CREDENTIALS ON BOTH SYSTEMS AND...
  7. Why Does My Lock Screen Wallpaper Does Not Change Even When I Switched To Pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why Does My Lock Screen Wallpaper Does Not Change Even When I Switched To Pictures: My Lock Screen Wallpaper Was The Mountain With Lake And I Wanted To Change It, I Switched The Background Option From "Spotlight" To Picture And Selected My Picture, When I Signed Out Or Restart, The Lock Screen Picture Was Still The Mountain With Lake, And The Picture Only...
  8. Why Does My Lock Screen Wallpaper Does Not Change Even When I Switched To Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does My Lock Screen Wallpaper Does Not Change Even When I Switched To Pictures: My Lock Screen Wallpaper Was The Mountain With Lake And I Wanted To Change It, I Switched The Background Option From "Spotlight" To Picture And Selected My Picture, When I Signed Out Or Restart, The Lock Screen Picture Was Still The Mountain With Lake, And The Picture Only...
  9. Why Does My Lock Screen Wallpaper Does Not Change Even When I Switched To Pictures

10. Change System Locale in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change System Locale in Windows 10: How to: Change System Locale in Windows 10 How to Change System Locale in Windows 10 The system locale controls the language used when displaying text on programs that do not support Unicode. Changing the system locale will not affect the language in menus and...