Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 not create a dump file?

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 not create a dump file? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a modern Surface and it continually blue screens. Unfortunately it never creates a dump file so i am not able to debug the cause of the crash. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeadlySilverFox, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Why does Windows 10 not create a dump file?

I have a modern Surface and it continually blue screens. Unfortunately it never creates a dump file so i am not able to debug the cause of the crash. I have validated the correct settings for dump file creation e.g. following instructions such as these: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/130536/windows-does-not-save-memory-dump-file-after-a-crash

and

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d445ff20-516e-4cea-962e-64b359c0b88a/bsod-does-not-create-dump-files?forum=WindowsInsiderPreview

I just want to get to the bottom of the issue and i don't just want to perform a clean factory install until i have attempted to determine the issue in case it is hardware related. My surface is only 4 months old and it has been plagued with BSOD.

Thanks to anyone that can provide me some other ideas.

Evenvwr reports event 161 from volmgr - Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

:)

DeadlySilverFox, Jul 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 isnt creating memory dumps

It should still be doing a dump whether it's just from kernel space or kernel plus user space. It's possible the crashes your PC is experiencing are not allowing for a memory dump to be created. It's happened to me before when I've been pushing my overclock to far. Instead of the sad face BSOD I've gotten a hard lockup that prevented a memory dump.

This might be worth looking over.
    Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

biffzinker, Jul 19, 2018
  3. garyinhere, Jul 19, 2018
  4. stoggs1 Win User

Why does Windows 10 not create a dump file?

Windows 10 isnt creating memory dumps

Ok if my pc starts crashing again il follow your advice. i used 5 hours last night and game for about 3 hours with no issue.

I also updated my gpu drivers as well.

stoggs1, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Why does Windows 10 not create a dump file?

1. Why does Windows 10 not create a dump file? - Similar Threads - Why does create

2. bsod not creating dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod not creating dump file: Hello Everyone,I'm having daily blue screen of deaths, but there are no logs available in the minidump folder. Can someone please help me with this? I can't do my work properly...Can someone help me to fix this blue screen?Greetings,...
  3. bsod not creating dump file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod not creating dump file: Hello Everyone,I'm having daily blue screen of deaths, but there are no logs available in the minidump folder. Can someone please help me with this? I can't do my work properly...Can someone help me to fix this blue screen?Greetings,...
  4. Dump files stopped being created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dump files stopped being created.: I could not get proper help on the Russian forum everywhere it is advised to completely reinstall the system, so I will contact the English-language forum.Somewhere every two days, the laptop began to catch the blue screen of death at startup.I decided to check through...
  5. Dump files stopped being created.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dump files stopped being created.: I could not get proper help on the Russian forum everywhere it is advised to completely reinstall the system, so I will contact the English-language forum.Somewhere every two days, the laptop began to catch the blue screen of death at startup.I decided to check through...
  6. Why my windows not creating crash dump files?

Why my windows not creating crash dump files?: Hi,I have been getting BSoD and not able to see any memory.dmp / minidumps files in windows folder.Everytime windows crashed/shutdown unexpectedly,it should create a dump file file but that's not happening.I can see errors in event viewer whenever this happens.please refer...
  7. Dump File Couldn't Be Created ?

Dump File Couldn't Be Created ?: my PC rebooted by his self while I was coding in Visual Studio, I've checked the Event Viewer and seen that the Dump file couldn't be created, Can it be the issue that causes the unexpected crash ? Here's the error from Event Viwer: "Dump file creation failed due to...
  8. BSODs with no dump file created

BSODs with no dump file created: I get a UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION bsod whenever I'm playing Apex Legends or while using Origin launcher.The the main issue I'm facing is that there are not dump files created after this bsod.I have setup my dump config according to this thread:Intermittent BSODs with no dump...
  9. Random reboots with no dump file created

Random reboots with no dump file created: The problem is my computer randomly reboots out of nowhere. It happens both while gaming and while mostly idle. The frequency is around once a day or two. It began around a week ago when I switched from HDD to SDD and performed a clean Windows install. I don't know if it's...
  10. Intermittent BSODs with no dump file created

Intermittent BSODs with no dump file created: My PC has had occasional blue screens for several months. Each time one happens, no dump file is created even though I have configured Windows to do so. The event log contains a volmgr error at the time of the blue screen, with text "Dump file creation failed due to error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dump file creation failed due to error 161

2. windows 10 dump file

3. windows 10 dump file location

4. windows error dumps not created,
  5. windows crah dump does not create dmp,
  6. windows 10 does not create dump file,
  7. windows not generatind dmp files,
  8. why bsod dump is not generating in win 10,
  9. win10 not creating dmp file,
  10. windows 10 not creating dmp files,
  11. volmgr error windows 10,