Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 not display the latest available updates on one of my computers

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 not display the latest available updates on one of my computers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have several computers running Win 10. All but one of them has updated with the latest version of windows as per the following screen shot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OssieMac, Oct 30, 2020.

1. OssieMac Win User

Why does Windows 10 not display the latest available updates on one of my computers

I have several computers running Win 10. All but one of them has updated with the latest version of windows as per the following screen shot.

Why does Windows 10 not display the latest available updates on one of my computers 2cd0f2af-c52b-4aed-9e91-6522af32cc62?upload=true.png

One of my computers, a Surface Pro 1, is not updating as per the following Winver screen shot.

Why does Windows 10 not display the latest available updates on one of my computers 82edbb2a-14cb-4318-917b-8484e5088fa6?upload=true.jpg

The Surface Pro displays the following when I attempt to update so it is not giving me access to perform the update. All previous updates up until now have run without a hitch.

Why does Windows 10 not display the latest available updates on one of my computers 6cee5705-b87e-4cb4-a3dd-0e1fb48a8b6d?upload=true.jpg

Will very much appreciate it if someone can tell why the update is not occurring on the one computer.

:)

OssieMac, Oct 30, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 30, 2020
  3. display stretched after windows update

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that after an Update, your Display is larger and stretched. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know the make and the model of your PC.

Also, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed

• Under Resolution, try changing the resolution settings

Method 2:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

1. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

Try installing latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 display driver is not available in the manufacturer website, I suggest you to install the driver in compatibility
    mode.

To install the display driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps.

Reply us with the status of the issue.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Why does Windows 10 not display the latest available updates on one of my computers

Computer/Display keeps on crashing

Hi Julien,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better I would like to know, which game are you trying to play?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the AMD manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Tenforo, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does Windows 10 not display the latest available updates on one of my computers - Similar Threads - Why does display

2. Why after the latest updates on my computer to Windows 10 does my Google /Chrome... Black...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why after the latest updates on my computer to Windows 10 does my Google /Chrome... Black...: Why after the latest updates on my computer to Windows 10 does my Google /Chrome... Black out, interfere with Zoom meetings, & Freeze up, also NOT Work properly... constant issues with this ...Pretty sure it's bcuz of update that took an hour about a week ago.... issues ever...
  3. Why after the latest updates on my computer to Windows 10 does my Google /Chrome... Black...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why after the latest updates on my computer to Windows 10 does my Google /Chrome... Black...: Why after the latest updates on my computer to Windows 10 does my Google /Chrome... Black out, interfere with Zoom meetings, & Freeze up, also NOT Work properly... constant issues with this ...Pretty sure it's bcuz of update that took an hour about a week ago.... issues ever...
  4. Why after the latest updates on my computer to Windows 10 does my Google /Chrome... Black...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. latest windows 10 update broke my computer

latest windows 10 update broke my computer: Hello, I have tried to delay updating as much as possible, but Microsoft got me this past weekend. No trouble until today. Suddenly I could not see my networked drives, nor see most of the files on my computer. Could not navigate, kept freezing, mydesktop disappeared, and...
  6. Latest Windows 10 OS Updates not available.

Latest Windows 10 OS Updates not available.: To, Microsoft Community Hi. this is Gavin. I am currently using Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 1909 OS Build 18363.959 on My HP Laptop Model Number: HP 14-am090TU. Currently want to upgrade to Latest Windows 10 Version "2004". But when i checked for Updates through...
  7. windows update latest one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update latest one: Windows update latest one 13/05/2020 when Iinstalled this update my activation no longer appears linked to your microsoft acount Ibelieve it is still activated. In control panel it states not activated I uninstalled the update and linled to microsoft account read ok?? Help...
  8. Why does win10 use one half of the available RAM?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does win10 use one half of the available RAM?: I have noticed that on a machine upgraded from 16 to 32 GB it stays around 16GB, no matter what I do (to use more ram), whereas on a machine upgraded from 8 to 16 it stays around 8GB. I assume it's not by accident, and hope somebody else noticed it as well...and came up with...
  9. Why does the latest MS Windows 10 update DISABLE wifi!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does the latest MS Windows 10 update DISABLE wifi!?: I am fed up with these so called updates which destroy functionality like this... makes them entirely useless. Stupid, untested, unrobust, Bill Gates inspired beta rubbish! But lanyway et's inflict it on unsuspecting users because they will find the bugs - oh yes!! Funny...
  10. Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?: This has happened several times now... today, my internet connections was down... rebooted modem devices, still nothing, so i checked available updates... and voila! an update is due. After installing and rebooting, everything seems fine. Seems like whenever I have a major...