Windows 10: why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just...

Discus and support why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just does nothing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnSF, Sep 7, 2018.

1. JohnSF Win User

why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just...

why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just does nothing?

:)

JohnSF, Sep 7, 2018

2. Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

GhostRyder, Sep 7, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 7, 2018
  4. TC-man Win User

why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just...

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just... - Similar Threads - why does update

2. Why does Windows 10 update keep getting cumulative updates for 22H1 but doesn't update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 update keep getting cumulative updates for 22H1 but doesn't update...: Every month I keep getting cumulative updates for "... Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based system" but it never updates to 21H2.Why does it happen? I refrain from manually trying to update to 22H2 because I wonder whether there's good reason for it hardware incompatibility...
  3. Why does Windows 10 update keep getting cumulative updates for 22H1 but doesn't update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 10 update keep getting cumulative updates for 22H1 but doesn't update...: Every month I keep getting cumulative updates for "... Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based system" but it never updates to 21H2.Why does it happen? I refrain from manually trying to update to 22H2 because I wonder whether there's good reason for it hardware incompatibility...
  4. Why does Windows 10 update keep getting cumulative updates for 22H1 but doesn't update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does Java not update when I click the notification that an update is available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Java not update when I click the notification that an update is available: In Windows 10, and now in Windows 11, I occassionally get a notification that there is a Java update available. For any other software on my laptop, if I get this type of notification, I click that message and the installation of the update begins. But, with Java, I click the...
  6. Why does Java not update when I click the notification that an update is available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Java not update when I click the notification that an update is available: In Windows 10, and now in Windows 11, I occassionally get a notification that there is a Java update available. For any other software on my laptop, if I get this type of notification, I click that message and the installation of the update begins. But, with Java, I click the...
  7. Why does windows keeps auto updating?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows keeps auto updating?: Hi, I am using windows 10 Home edition on my HP laptop. I have disabled windows 10 auto updates because it messes with my internet during online classes. Even so, it keeps on updating in the background. I use metered connection but still it updates. I have made sure that it...
  8. Win 10 Update not working, says I need updaqtes, Click Check for updates but nothing happens

Win 10 Update not working, says I need updaqtes, Click Check for updates but nothing happens: Going to settings - updates it shows there are updates I need. I click on check updates and it churns a bit and stops. The last update I got was Dec. 6 looking at the history. I tried the repair tool - it said it fixed everything, still not working properly. I tried the...
  9. " JUST SAY NO! " (to windows 10 updates)

" JUST SAY NO! " (to windows 10 updates): " Not Compatible " Windows/MSN support staff favorite go to phrase ,when their updates (OCT2018) CAUSES havoc to your pc system. I say " If the update is not compatible on my pc , it should fail instantly and not be installed to damage your system. Since October 2018...
  10. Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?'

Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?': Hi can someone please give me some advice,I've tried updating from windows 7 to 10 but when I click update it simply says 'working on it ',been like this for 12 hours!can someone advice please. 13252

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does windows 10 notupdate