Windows 10: Why does windows 10 photos close when I minimize it?

Discus and support Why does windows 10 photos close when I minimize it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows 10 Photos app always closes it'self when I minimize it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlS2, Jul 27, 2018.

1. AlS2 Win User

Why does windows 10 photos close when I minimize it?

The Windows 10 Photos app always closes it'self when I minimize it.

:)

2. Programs closing when clicking on Minimize

When I click minimize no error appears it just closes like when I press the X button.

I did research and nothing came up about it so no I have not done any troubleshooting steps.

Matthew20cats, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Ryan1972 Win User
    I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

Hi and thanks for responding. I hope these details and attached images help:

• As you can see in the attached, Edge has now minimize or restore down option.
    • Right clicking also shows minimize and restore but they are grayed out.
    • I did reboot as another responder suggested but there was no change.
    • The issue seems to only apply to "apps." Other full applications like the Office suite have all of the normal options to minimize, etc. The ones that seem built in to Windows 10 are the ones that I can only close - Photos, Calculator, Camera, etc.
      Why does windows 10 photos close when I minimize it? 0f887985-039a-4d75-b6e2-db54305ab61c.png

Ryan1972, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does windows 10 photos close when I minimize it? - Similar Threads - Why does photos

2. Apps are being closed when minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are being closed when minimized: My laptop, Samsung Galaxy Book GO keeps closing my apps when i minimize them. I asked Samsung and they said it might be in the system tray...but it isn't there......
  3. Why does my minimized window keep closing out on it's own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my minimized window keep closing out on it's own?: I own a surface pro 8 on Windows 11 and recently, every time I minimize a window, especially using OneNote or the Mail application, it will close out maybe two seconds after I minimized it. It is not in the taskbar at all and so I have to reopen the application. I have...
  4. Why does my minimized window keep closing out on it's own?

Why does my minimized window keep closing out on it's own?: I own a surface pro 8 on Windows 11 and recently, every time I minimize a window, especially using OneNote or the Mail application, it will close out maybe two seconds after I minimized it. It is not in the taskbar at all and so I have to reopen the application. I have...
  5. Issue with closing all minimized photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with closing all minimized photos.: I'm using Windows 10 Home, but the issue is the same on my laptop, Windows 10 Pro.Here is the steps to replicate the issue.Have no photos open.Open a single photo.Minimize that photo.Open a second photo.Minimize that photo as well.Right click on the photos on the taskbar....
  6. Issue with closing all minimized photos.

Issue with closing all minimized photos.: I'm using Windows 10 Home, but the issue is the same on my laptop, Windows 10 Pro.Here is the steps to replicate the issue.Have no photos open.Open a single photo.Minimize that photo.Open a second photo.Minimize that photo as well.Right click on the photos on the taskbar....
  7. Issue with closing all minimized photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Apps close when minimizing them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps close when minimizing them: Hello, I have an issue with certain apps that always close when I left-click them on the taskbar or minimize them in the window. Whenever I click certain apps, they will just automatically close and I’ll have to re-launch them. The same thing happens when I click minimize....
  9. Edge closes when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  10. Edge closes when minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625