Windows 10: Why Does Windows 10 Pickup Home Edition on Clean Install On my System?

Discus and support Why Does Windows 10 Pickup Home Edition on Clean Install On my System? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some Reason even with a PID text file in sources, 1909 on my clean install, picked up my bios original key and installed as Windows 10 Home, ended up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMDMan2016, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Why Does Windows 10 Pickup Home Edition on Clean Install On my System?

Some Reason even with a PID text file in sources, 1909 on my clean install, picked up my bios original key and installed as Windows 10 Home, ended up just changing Product Key

As i had so much trouble with my Previous AMD FX system with it always installing Home, when i specifically bought Pro Off The Microsoft Store, which I believe is treated as a retail version and was legal to transfer from my older AMD FX system to my Newer Intel I7 system in September 2017, plus did call Microsoft to get the new key back then, yet still picks up Home key in UEFI bios and 9 times out of 10 installs Home first

Suppose to give digital license according to Microsoft site with the way i purchased Pro, Does say activated with Digital license now though

I'll upgrade my Flash drive if I can figure out why it happens, and hopefully way in future when I do another clean install if needed, I actually get Pro right away lol

:)

AMDMan2016, Dec 30, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Why Does Windows 10 Pickup Home Edition on Clean Install On my System?

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Why Does Windows 10 Pickup Home Edition on Clean Install On my System?

1. Why Does Windows 10 Pickup Home Edition on Clean Install On my System? - Similar Threads - Why Does Pickup

2. Why does a system file driver gets corrupted during a clean install of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does a system file driver gets corrupted during a clean install of Windows?: I did clean install of Windows 11 Home from USB image created by a MS app, and right after first boot I checked system files sfc /scannow. It showed that one file gets corrupted during installation, located in "Drivers" folder. Why does system can't install itself correctly?...
  3. Why does a system file driver gets corrupted during a clean install of Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does a system file driver gets corrupted during a clean install of Windows?: I did clean install of Windows 11 Home from USB image created by a MS app, and right after first boot I checked system files sfc /scannow. It showed that one file gets corrupted during installation, located in "Drivers" folder. Why does system can't install itself correctly?...
  4. Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition: Hi ya'll,I just did a clean install on the same computer that I upgraded to Pro from. After install, it is now Win 11 Home. The purchase history in my account shows I purchased it BUT, unlike all the Microsoft claims on how to get the key by email confirmation, I have that...
  5. Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition: Hi ya'll,I just did a clean install on the same computer that I upgraded to Pro from. After install, it is now Win 11 Home. The purchase history in my account shows I purchased it BUT, unlike all the Microsoft claims on how to get the key by email confirmation, I have that...
  6. Windows 10 home clean install is a brick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home clean install is a brick: After extensive trouble shooting I have nothing. I am running a Ryzen 9 3900xt on the MSI Carbon gaming board, 64GB of gskill rip jaw 3600 and a evga GTX 1070. Trouble shooting I have done so far, burned the CPU it holds up, burned the RAM it holds up, flashed the board,...
  7. Remote Clean Installation of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Clean Installation of Windows 10 Home: Hi, I need to remotely install a clean copy of Windows 10 Home on a remote laptop. Please suggest ways. I am on a Windows 7 Home Premium laptop. Thanks and Regards, Gaurav...
  8. Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue

Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue: How to install properly the Windows 10 Home Edition from my Computer Desktop Old version which is the HP L1506 Desktop. Please help me to find the best solution Thank you and Godbless to us....
  9. windows 10 Home clean install

windows 10 Home clean install: Hi, I want to do clean install windows10. I have upgraded from Windows7 to Windows10.I got windows 7 from LenovoY570. I would like to know if I do clean install,my windows license works or do I need to buy new license. Please let me know the details. Regards Sateesh...
  10. Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC

Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC: The computer would get a digital license for Pro stored on Microsoft Activation servers and after the first install, subsequent installs of either Home or Pro on that computer would activate without a product key (although the product key for Windows 10 Home is likely...