Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 keep turning off Hyper-V Virtualization...

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 keep turning off Hyper-V Virtualization... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hardware - HP Elite SFF 8300, i5-3470 cpu, 32GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive. OS - Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 I enabled Virtualization in BIOS. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TechTable, Jun 6, 2019.

1. TechTable Win User

Why does Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 keep turning off Hyper-V Virtualization...

Hardware - HP Elite SFF 8300, i5-3470 cpu, 32GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive.

OS - Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503

I enabled Virtualization in BIOS. I save and exit. I soft power down PC. I boot up, immediately go into BIOS and setting is enabled. I then reboot PC into OS.

Trying to start a VM. I am unable to start a VM. I get Error message says - ' hypervisor is not running '

Run System Information and check - shows Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

bcdedit shows - hypervisorlaunchtype is set to auto

services.msc shows - Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management is running

spent some time doing google searches. did not find a solution that worked on this box.

Questions:

1. Why does Windows 10 Pro keep changing BIOS settings ?

2. Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 Pro FROM changing BIOS settings. ( does this with WOL settings, also)

3. Is there a way to run a VM with my config ?

I hope I have explained problem well enough.

Thanks in Advance..

:)

TechTable, Jun 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch

After upgrading to v1809 from v1803, I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On.

Since the upgrade, the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens
    several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.

Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command to delete all adapters and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Why does Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 keep turning off Hyper-V Virtualization... :) Thanks

JamesR_631, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Why does Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 keep turning off Hyper-V Virtualization...

Cannot turn off Hyper V, cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMWare machines

Since the latest update:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Verion: 1607

OS Build: 14393.222

I can no longer turn off Hyper V and thus cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMware machines.

When I attempt to turn off Hyper V and restart Windows as requested, Windows simply re-enables Hyper V.

Then when I try to run a Virtual Box machine, I get an error like this:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Centos 70.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:

Component:
    ConsoleWrap

Interface:
    IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

When I try to start a VMware machine, I get this:

VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Player.

But as I have noted, I am not able to turn off Hyper-V since the Anniversary Update.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Heaphey, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Why does Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 keep turning off Hyper-V Virtualization...

1. Why does Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 keep turning off Hyper-V Virtualization... - Similar Threads - Why does Pro

2. Turning off Hyper-v turned off Core Isolation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turning off Hyper-v turned off Core Isolation: I was trying to disable hyper-v for Bluestacks. I couldn't find the "hyper-v" program in the "turn windows features on and off," so I downloaded their exe to turn it off from https://cdn3.bluestacks.com/nilanshu/HD-DisableHyperV_native.exe and it worked but in the process...
  3. BSOD: after turning off hyper v and virtualization it will fix..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD: after turning off hyper v and virtualization it will fix..: after turning off hyper v and virtualization it will fix.... but i need those on for other things. minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h_2P6BeDvV3fF0bQDXoXdhgDPw_Q7fFf/view?usp=sharing error code thing: please wait a few minutes...
  4. Turn on VTx Windows 10 Pro. Hyper V is off in "Windows features". Virtualisation on in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on VTx Windows 10 Pro. Hyper V is off in "Windows features". Virtualisation on in...: Hi ALL, I am looking to turn on VTx Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Hyper V is off in "Windows features". Virtualisation on in BIOS. Acceleration greyed out in VirtualBox. I'm not sure if the latest update has affected this option or something else is conflicting or not. I can...
  5. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  6. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  7. Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Import Hyper-V Virtual Machines Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical...
  8. Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 How to Setup and Use Hyper-V in Windows 10 for OS Virtualization [img] Information Windows 10 Pro, Education and Enterprise editions come with a built-in hypervisor client Hyper-V allowing users to create...
  9. Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Export Hyper-V Virtual Machines in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were...
  10. Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windows 10 build 17763 can no longer connect to hyper-v vm

2. windows 10.0.17763 build 17763

3. after windows update kb4509479 apps run only in admin mode