Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No, there are no driver or device issues (first thing I checked). Everything worked absolutely fine on Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WINDOWS 10 IS USELESS, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?

No, there are no driver or device issues (first thing I checked). Everything worked absolutely fine on Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 and my speaker default is reset with each update (along with practically everything else because, well, Windows 10).

***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***

:)

WINDOWS 10 IS USELESS, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?

How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates? ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?

1. Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates? - Similar Threads - Why does reset

2. My laptop resets everything to default whenever I turn on it?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop resets everything to default whenever I turn on it?!: Hi, I’ll explain the problem as clear as I can so this question maybe have too many words, so sorry about this inconvenience.The problem is, one day when I turned on my laptop, the lock-screen and the passcode were still the same, but it appeared a text line which was...
  3. My laptop resets everything to default whenever I turn on it?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop resets everything to default whenever I turn on it?!: Hi, I’ll explain the problem as clear as I can so this question maybe have too many words, so sorry about this inconvenience.The problem is, one day when I turned on my laptop, the lock-screen and the passcode were still the same, but it appeared a text line which was...
  4. why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...: do not tell me how to set my default browser, obviously i know how to do that alreadydo not tell me to set my default browser by protocol or file type, this happens automatically when you set the default browser!tell me how to STOP windows from resetting it!please!tell me...
  5. why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...: do not tell me how to set my default browser, obviously i know how to do that alreadydo not tell me to set my default browser by protocol or file type, this happens automatically when you set the default browser!tell me how to STOP windows from resetting it!please!tell me...
  6. Why does windows 10 reset my default audio after a reboot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does windows 10 reset my default audio after a reboot?: Hi everyone! I changed. y microphone settings from the web camera microphone to my plantronics bluetooth headset and saved these. But later today I had to restart my computer and the settings defaulted back to the webcam version. Why would windows do this and is there a fix?...
  7. Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?: When windows updates, it fails to use my default app browser selection. Last week I tried edge for a couple of days, one morning as I was buying and selling stocks I got 4 messages with alarms indicating Edge wanted to sell me 4 games within one minute. The alarms sounded...
  8. Why does every Windows update reset my default programs? It's infuriating.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does every Windows update reset my default programs? It's infuriating.: I want to keep PhotoShop as my default photo viewer!! Why does Win10 keep changing it? Now it won't even let me set it up! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-every-windows-update-reset-my-default/2b8d42b4-c19b-4c24-b0b4-311bc4b334eb
  9. Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers Are Resetting To Default After Updates: No, there are no driver or device issues (first thing I checked). Everything worked absolutely fine on Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 and my speaker default is reset with each update (along with practically everything else because, well, Windows 10). ***Moved From:...
  10. Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Windows 10 reset my default speakers whenever it updates?: No, there are no driver or device issues (first thing I checked). Everything worked absolutely fine on Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 and my speaker default is reset with each update (along with practically everything else because, well, Windows 10)....