Windows 10: Why does windows 10 search still suck in 2022 ?

Discus and support Why does windows 10 search still suck in 2022 ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There are apps i downloaded and are just not recognized by the windows search even tho it is not currently been indexed. Especially apps are the ones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osbaksbwm, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Why does windows 10 search still suck in 2022 ?

There are apps i downloaded and are just not recognized by the windows search even tho it is not currently been indexed. Especially apps are the ones that don't get recognized. Are there people who face the same issues as me? Can someone give some clarification?

submitted by /u/osbaksbwm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/osbaksbwm, Oct 20, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2022
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Arul_D Win User

Why does windows 10 search still suck in 2022 ?

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 20, 2022
Thema:

Why does windows 10 search still suck in 2022 ?

1. Why does windows 10 search still suck in 2022 ? - Similar Threads - Why does search

2. WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUPPORT SUCK ****?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUPPORT SUCK ****?: Literally i had to call in to work today because my internet was down, and My computer was on some ****. All i needed was to talk to someone. I call and they say "Support has moved online to cut down wait ques. Go onlinem, Good bye" and i HAVE TO **** WAIT IN A CUE TO GET...
  3. WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUPPORT SUCK ****?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUPPORT SUCK ****?: Literally i had to call in to work today because my internet was down, and My computer was on some ****. All i needed was to talk to someone. I call and they say "Support has moved online to cut down wait ques. Go onlinem, Good bye" and i HAVE TO **** WAIT IN A CUE TO GET...
  4. Windows 10 file search SUCKS still!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 file search SUCKS still!?: Saw the thread 5 years ago, still garbo imo. submitted by /u/BTworld361 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcuap6/windows_10_file_search_sucks_still/
  5. Why does Windows Explorer "Search" feature Suck So Badly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows Explorer "Search" feature Suck So Badly?: I can NEVER and I MEAN NEVER find anything if I do a search on c:\ for either a folder or a file. It seems I always have to be in a small directory to be able to find anything. If I do it from c:\ the green progress bar goes from left to right (in about 2 minutes) and then...
  6. Windows 10 File & Folder Search Still Sucks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File & Folder Search Still Sucks: Windows 10 search is completely incompetent. Across multiple installations on multiple machines it consistently fails to find what I need, often blathering out nonsensical results unrelated to my search terms or blanking entirely, the progress bar hovering near completion...
  7. Why does Microsoft suck?

Why does Microsoft suck?: So Ive been playing on this new laptop for a few weeks when I notice that nothing is actually being saved on my laptop. Im all for backups and what not but its kinda of irritating when, from the address bar I start to delete one word at a time:...
  8. Windows 10 still sucks.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 still sucks.....: It's 2019 and Windows 10 still sucks. Does anyone in Microsoft care? I can't even list the plethora of issues. This is a paralyzed OS which should be debunked. urgghhhhh!!!!...
  9. Why does BING suck?

Why does BING suck?: wtf, you must be kidding that anyone would use bing, it is absolutely the worst, I would use yahoo before bing, and here is why: How come when I put in a full URL Bing returns the site with the URL 4th, really fourth, why not first? I am sure because the other sites that came...
  10. Why Windows 10 sucks?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Windows 10 sucks?: Metro interface is annoying. Remember nice and simple menu from Windows 7 where you coan find everything always in the same place? Yes, that was nice... Now we got a nightmare - weird vision of a mad MS programmer. Who was complaining about old-style menu? Do not know anyone....